Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Home-made Mayo help page 2

peril is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Mayonnaise SHOULD be made with EVOO. That is the traditional way and it tastes good
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

alikibiki is offline Junior Member
    I've used a mix of melted/room temperature ghee and EVOO to make my mayo. The taste of the EVOO was quite strong though, so next time I plan to add more ghee and less oil.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I like avocado oil for mine. Patience is key. I have none and it took me three times to get it through my thick skull that you have to add the oil slooooowly. I don't know how long it lasts because I use it on everything once I make it - also one yolk batch.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    I have made a couple of good batches lately. My issue is that it makes more than I can use. I can only use egg yolks as I have a problem with whites, but then can't get through it in the week because the food processor can't reach one lowly egg

Zen11 is offline Member
    If you have an immersion blender (also called a stick blender), it's a perfect tool for making mayo. Dump all your ingredients in a tall container just large enough to fit the blender in (they usually come with one) and then whir till emulsified. Mine came out perfect with no fuss at all.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen11 View Post
    If you have an immersion blender (also called a stick blender), it's a perfect tool for making mayo. Dump all your ingredients in a tall container just large enough to fit the blender in (they usually come with one) and then whir till emulsified. Mine came out perfect with no fuss at all.
    That's exactly how i make it. Always comes out perfect.

Paleobird Guest
    I use olive oil but only if I'm planning on making Caesar dressing (just add some anchovies and balsamic to the mix). Otherwise I use avocado oil. It seems to have a nicely neutral taste.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Mmm does that work with just egg yolk? I bombed last time trying to whip by hand and then gradually add the oil. It was separated. I have a stick, and a little bullet.

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Just to be clear cause I'm dumb - no drizzling the oil this way?
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Just to be clear cause I'm dumb - no drizzling the oil this way?
    That's exactly the question I was going to ask. Literally everything in together, then whir? Seems too easy
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast