Thread: Caloric intake and fasting calculations? page

Colibri is offline Junior Member

Caloric intake and fasting calculations?

Primal Fuel
    Hey guys, would just like a bit of help here. I think I have it but I could be totally wrong.

I'm 5 ft 7 and weight 162lbs. Baseline BMR is 1,792 and my RMR is 1,703.

Taking into my moderate activity levels (strength train 3x a week, 30 minute to and from walk to work) they are 2,778 and 2,640 respectively.

I would probably burn somewhere in the region of 200-300 calories with my walks and I have no idea how many calories I burn with my gymnastic strength training (1hr of pullups, dips, pistol squats)

I eat roughly 1900 calories a day , strength train 3x a week. I'm currently doing a 2x24 hour IF protocol (Eat Stop Eat) and it's working great so far.

• Normal weekly calories : 7x1900= 13300
    • Actual calories per week (taking into account my 2 day fast) : 13300 - 3800 = 9500
    • Divide the deficit total by 7 days = 543 calories deficit each day.
    • This 3800 calories roughly means 1lb of fat a week burned which is ideal.

I'm just wondering, am I being a bit crazy with my numbers? Am I eating too little? I might have a cheat meal once a week but that'll stay roughly within my calories too, because I will adjust other meals and my macros to fit around it.
    "Strong, healthy, happy and free. Our default state, if we trust and respect nature." - Erwan Le Corre

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    I do think you're eating too little, yeah.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    I personally do not think you are eating too little. A 500 cal deficit per day is good for fat loss.

More though, do you feel ok? Do you have good energy? Are you tired all the time? Are you hungry a lot between meals or do you feel satisfied? Those are probably better indicators of whether or not you are eating too little.

AlanC is offline Senior Member
    Gymnastic strength training, at your weight, just as a very rough guess would be about 600 calories per hour, or in that area.

You could probably eat a little more.

AC

I've gotten that estimate too but I cannot be too sure! I'm feeling good. I'm slightly peckish but I think that's due to my meals being irregular in size and not balanced (overall they are though).
    "Strong, healthy, happy and free. Our default state, if we trust and respect nature." - Erwan Le Corre

Bump?

AlanC is offline Senior Member
    Well one issue to consider is that often when someone works out a lot and expends energy that way, that they then veg-out at other times, so it's possible your overall expenditure isn't as high as you think.

How active are you when not exercising/walking?

AC