Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fat blocking soda. What could possibly be worse? page

ajb0203 is offline Junior Member

Fat blocking soda. What could possibly be worse?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Anyone else hear about this new product from Pepsi?

Pepsi Introduces Fat Blocking Soda
    Pepsi Introduces Fat Blocking Soda - ABC News

So many things wrong with this, where to start?

SarahW is offline Senior Member
    Indigestible fiber.....yummmmmmy

mauler5858 is offline Member
    Another article discussing it....

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayi...ight-loss-soda

Basically you drink the chemical infused soda and it "blocks" the fat but still lets the lovely carbs on through to process. The article says why choose between a hamburger and pizza when you can choose both and drink one of these. That is a great idea!!! Double up your grain-carb filled processed entrees as long as you drink a chemically created drink that is infused with a potato based fiber that has been questionably synthesized!! Sounds legit right?

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    Lol Pepsi is scrambling... they're done. The cat's out of the bag, everyone knows soda is bad for you, and it's only a matter of time before their company is kaputz.

simpstr is offline Senior Member
    Ewwwww!
    Health is Wealth!

KV8R is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
    Lol Pepsi is scrambling... they're done. The cat's out of the bag, everyone knows soda is bad for you, and it's only a matter of time before their company is kaputz.
    not a chance. people will always drink that crap because it tastes good to them.

Quote Originally Posted by KV8R View Post
    not a chance. people will always drink that crap because it tastes good to them.
    Nah, have a little faith! Here's how I see it, everyone I know who's really committed to health, it's because they've seen SAD fail their loved ones. The importance of challenging health norms didn't really hit me til my dad (who ate really healthy by CW standards) was diagnosed with cancer.

Almost everyone now knows someone with diabetes, or someone who's doctor told them, "You need to watch your sugar!" I'm not saying the change will be overnight, but people are very motivated by what I'll call the I-don't-want-to-end-up-like-my-mom factor. The more people who see their parents/other family members struggle with diet-related illnesses, the more people will switch to a sensible diet.

We primal people just need to stick to our guns. We know we're right. We just live our lives, lead by example, quietly eat a salad and some coconut-oil-fried eggs while everyone else snacks on cookies--or, if they're "healthy", Kashi bars and omg-raw-vegan desserts..

Be optimistic, though! Things can only get better from here. GMOs are in the national conversation since the election, doesn't matter that the proposition didn't pass... People are wisening up. The SAD devotees will die off due to their own poor decisions, and those left behind will start making better ones.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KV8R View Post
    And it's cheap too. I'm not so sure whether people are really wisening up, too.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    A drink that blocks fat absorption? Let's see what is the brain made of? What happens when you deprive a brain of fat? Maybe Pepsi has stock in Alzheimer meds.

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    And it's cheap too. I'm not so sure whether people are really wisening up, too.
    It's cheap?! Giving up pop was the first commitment to health I ever made, back when I still ate terribly. Why'd I do it? To save money! You know how much you save by getting water at restaurants? If you eat out a lot (I used to) it adds up quick!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast