Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fat blocking soda. What could possibly be worse? page 2

ajb0203 is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
    It's cheap?! Giving up pop was the first commitment to health I ever made, back when I still ate terribly. Why'd I do it? To save money! You know how much you save by getting water at restaurants? If you eat out a lot (I used to) it adds up quick!
    This is true. I know many people who don't give a rat's patoot about anything else they eat, but they know 1) they feel crappy when drinking pop, and 2) know it's bad for you. Your average dentist will tell you about the evils of pop, while the bad side of other SAD food & drink is still under the radar of CW practitioners.

On the other hand, I still have some uncles who drink the 56 oz mug of Diet Coke or Diet Dew each day. Slow learners.

simpstr is offline Senior Member
    Yup!

Quote Originally Posted by KV8R View Post
    not a chance. people will always drink that crap because it tastes good to them.
    Health is Wealth!

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
    It's cheap?! Giving up pop was the first commitment to health I ever made, back when I still ate terribly. Why'd I do it? To save money! You know how much you save by getting water at restaurants? If you eat out a lot (I used to) it adds up quick!
    I dunno, you might have a point. Though, where I live it's not too hard to find 2 liter bottles on sale for less than $1, and I don't mean the no name store brands. I have seen people pushing around large grocery store carts full of soda and it always makes me kind of sad.
    Very often some gas station convenience stores run a sale on the humongous sized fountain drinks for about 40 cent or something like that, really cheap.

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    As soon as this hits the shelves I’m going to start seeing this “magic” soda in the hands of every one of my coworkers. It will be interesting to see in a couple of months that not a one of them loses a pound of weight. And for some reason their Shape-Up shoes have also failed them. And their ellipticals. Perhaps they need some acai berries and agave nectar in their diets.
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

ajb0203 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Koozie View Post
    I’m going to start seeing this “magic” soda in the hands of every one of my coworkers. . .
    Something tells me you'll want to steer clear of the bathroom at that point. Olestra 2.0?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12