Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (gt74) page

gt74 is offline Member

Primal Journal (gt74)

Ok, fell off the wagon but now back at it and determined to crack it.

As of today, 232 lbs. Goal 175lbs - 57lbs to lose over 7 months. Have a 'before' photo which I will put up this time.

Breakfast today: Bowl of fruit and yoghurt - not ideal but running late.
    Lunch: salad type stuff with tuna and an MDA recipe home-made salsa. Really quite good.

Started exercising last week and now have the most voracious appetite.

Gym tonight, for the first time in a while.

Guy

gt74 is offline Member
    Huge appetite particularly for fruit continues but is now beginning to abate. Easing into the gym thing again but still having a strength problem with my ankle which I destroyed a couple of years ago whilst climbing in the Alps.

Two hour walk last night along the Hamble river with a 50lb pack. Felt reasonably good. Not losing any scale weight as yet but the trousers are fitting better already.

Have much more energy and feeling better. The black dog might be banished once and for all.

Breakfast was a small avacado with prawns and salmon plus a few berries and a banana and a splash of cream plus a cuppa.

Gym tonight to start weights.

gt74 is offline Member
    Not having such a huge craving for fruit now. Started with 30mins fartleks and a gentle weights session.
    Pan fried Ostrich and broccoli for dinner.

Weight this morning (although not really watching, honest guv!) 231 - feeling good - no mid afternoon slumps.

Breakfast this morning - Salmon and two fried eggs plus some fruit.

gt74 is offline Member
    231 lbs this morning. 1lb this week. Ok, it generally takes me a couple of weeks before the fitness thing results in weight loss.

Omlette for breakfast, Started using duck fat which has a great taste. Don't think I'm eating enough fat generally.

This next week should be much better results wise.

gt74 is offline Member
    228lbs this morning. Cut back on the fruit, yoghurt and nuts and seems to have begun the process.

Off to Moscow at the end of May so it would be good if I could be down to about 212.

Didn't read the directions on a course of antibiotics. Too much sun exposure and have a very irritating rash. Still, end of the course today so hopefully that will subside quickly enough.

Breakfast yesterday prawn omlette with the MDA pork stuffed peppers for supper. Today, the protein part of a full english, bangers, bacon, fried egg and a cheeky tomato with the last of the pork peppers.

gt74 is offline Member
    Looks like the weight loss phase has kicked in. Time for some supercharged phys.

Almost a full English breakfast yesterday and the MDA stuff pork for supper. Eating twice a day and really not hungry otherwise. Have discovered the joys of wilted spinach as a filler beyond the slab of protein.

A small cheat with some Turkish delight. Going to have to resist in future.

This morning - omlette with some pork from last night.

Feeling good.

Have some kitesurfing lessons booked for the weekend so playtime is planned as well.

gt74 is offline Member
    227 lbs this morning - No longer obese as per the idiocy that is BMI. However, I think it's a nice little psychological point. Next stop 224 - 16st.

5 weeks till Moscow - I reckon I can get rid of 16-17lbs by then just by maintaining 2200 cals and hard phys.
    Target is 210 lbs - 15st 5 weeks from now.

gt74 is offline Member
    Completely in awe of the power of bacon and eggs. Got up late and pottered for a bit before sitting down to a large breakfast.

3 rashers of bacon and 2 eggs - poached. Still felt peckish so had another three rashers of bacon and a fried egg (fried in duck fat).

Went for a kitesurfing lesson this afternoon and stood in the Solent for 3 hours (still a bit cold out there).

Back home at home for 6.30pm and then it occurred to me that I still wasn't hungry and had loads of energy.

I had a small salad for a snack (cucumber, tomatoes, spring onions and a couple of slices of pastrami for some flavour.

Actually, considering it it's not that great. I reckon I probably have a vitamin and mineral deficiency today.

gt74 is offline Member
    Lamb steak with tomato and asparagus for dinner with a cream sauce. Delicious.
    Plenty of nuts and fruit with yoghurt which is probably not so good.

226lbs this morning. Feeling a bit tight in the calves after yesterdays gym session. Must stretch more.
    Breakfast this morning was a small lean beef steak and a couple of poached eggs.
    Need to eat more fat.

gt74 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    224lbs this morning - having started on cheapo's simplefit regime yesterday I'm feeling sore but stoked. How to resist the urge to overtrain?

breakfast: omlette with spinach
    lunch: just a pre gym snack of a pear with the last of the yoghurt
    Mackerel with mushrooms in a tarragon cream sauce last night and a small glass of red.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast