Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Non-Recipe Recipe Thread page 9

tdugmen is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Filled avocados!
    Grill some prawns, peel them (about 3 per avocado) and dice them. Let them cool down a bit while you prepare the rest
    Chop some tomatoes (a medium one per avocado, more or less), a bit of onion (really thinly... just add more or less depending on you personal taste) and about half a chili per avocado.
    Cut the avocados in half and carefully empty the "shells" and dice the fruit.
    Mix everything together (vegetables, avocado and prawns) with some lemon juice, olive oil (or oil of preference), pepper, and a bit of salt
    Fill the avocado "shells" with the mixture. it can be eaten straight away or stay in the fridge overnight (the lemon will prevent the avocado turning brown)

Love this thread!

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Joanie, I never thought to put feta in with the ground lamb, that sounds delicious!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    tdugmen, great idea!

Urban Forager, even though this is a non-recipe thread, I read this recipe: Lamb Feta Burgers with Tzatziki Recipe - Delish.com to get an idea of what goes into Tzatziki sauce.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

smartuko is offline Senior Member
    Been making my primal scrambles recently

8 oz grass fed beef
    3 scrambled pastured eggs
    3 oz organic spinach
    2 oz sugar pea pods
    3 oz carrot sticks

Combine with extra virgin olive oil, rosemary, and oregano and heat

I love so many things in scrambled eggs and that looks like another winning combination.

Avocado soup: Homemade broth heated to almost a boil. Cube up half an avocado and throw it in a blender. A nice squirt of lemon juice. Pour hot broth over avocado and lemon. Blend 'til frothy. Garnish with nori. (Soup was such a lovely green on green; pic sucks.)

"Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

beaubutterfly is offline Member
    yum curlygirl....I miss cereal...going to make this!!! will start out a small amount as need to lose weight!

tdugmen is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I love so many things in scrambled eggs and that looks like another winning combination.

Avocado soup: Homemade broth heated to almost a boil. Cube up half an avocado and throw it in a blender. A nice squirt of lemon juice. Pour hot broth over avocado and lemon. Blend 'til frothy. Garnish with nori. (Soup was such a lovely green on green; pic sucks.)

I love soups, I'm totally doing this one!

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    I sliced up some ox heart into cubes last night and didn't know what to know what to marinate them. But I found something.

Ox heart cubes with paprika, tumeric, ground cumin, seeds and left to soak in balsamic vinegar over night then fried in butter the next day = a foodgasm full of win.
    Especially when served as nachos.

AK47, great idea for heart! With the whole snout to tail movement, I can see heart nachos appearing on menus soon.

So mine for today is very simple: beef bone broth + nori cut into strips + a splash of yogurt. Simple things like this make me wonder why I ever ate cream soups from cans.

B*tch-lite

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No heat required: Mashed avocado and chopped tomatoes. Sardines from a can. Chipotle salsa.

You don't have to give up Fried Green Tomatoes. Slice tomatoes. Dip in egg wash. Dredge in 1:1 ratio of potato flour to grated parm. Season to taste. Fry in lard.

B*tch-lite

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast