Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Non-Recipe Recipe Thread page 7

Shop Now
    The BLAT: Bacon, avocado, and tomato, wrapped up in romaine lettuce. A little messy because the avocado is slippery, but delicious.
    I also like to make a two-second salad out of cut-up avocado and roma tomatoes to go with scrambled eggs.

PBNewby is online now Senior Member
    My wife and I just made a wonderful meal. It was a quiche-like meal made in a pie tin.

We mixed together (in a bowl) 4 eggs, about a half cup of milk, about a cup of cheese (shredded), a dash of red pepper, about 200g of shredded yam, and about 200g of 1/4" cubes of ham, and about 100g of finely diced onion. As an after thought, we cooked broccoli on the side but we could have added it to the mix as well. After everything was mixed well together, we spooned it into a 12" buttered quiche pan. Ours is ceramic, not tin, but I am guessing tin would work.

We cooked (baked) it in the oven for 30-40 mins at 425F. It was delish!

Last edited by PBNewby; 02-10-2013 at 07:04 AM. Reason: added cooking temperature.

fuzzynavel is offline Member
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who looks in the fridge and then randomly combines stuff in a pan...
    Last night was.....Diced turkey shallow fried(stir fried) at high temp in Ghee with a little salt and pepper. Then I chucked in some chopped Carrots, diced Mushrooms, diced Olives, shallots, a whole onion and half a courgette.....did think about throwing in some chillies but wasn't in a spicy mood...Left that to fry for a while and added in some full fat coconut milk to simmer.....it was a bit wet so added in some pre-soaked white rice to take up the moisture......ended up lovely..Served with a side salad..

Beef stroganoff tonight from the recipe on here......my wok seems to see action pretty much every night at the moment

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I wanted to change up salmon a little bit, and I've noticed that some recipes use sweet tastes with it. I sauteed a sliced apple and a sliced onion together in butter. Just a smidge of salt to help sweat out the moisture. Let them saute together until totally caramelized; lowered the heat and let them get even gooeyer. Topped the salmon with the mixture. Now I understand sweet + salmon. Yum.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member
    Some passata, coconut milk and tinned salmon. Doesn't sound appealing and it looks even worse, bit ti taste pretty damn good.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Threw together an oriental-ish salad, really nice: blanched bean sprouts and kale greens, yellow peppers, cucumbers and grated carrot. Dressed with sesame oil and soy sauce (or your Primal sub for soy). Very refreshing. Next day threw in leftover chicken in the leftover salas.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

epicuriousbynature is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Cream cheese or soft goat cheese in scrambled eggs. Put the cheese in the hot pan after any veggies you've sauteed and before the beaten eggs. If no veggies, then before the beaten eggs. Let it melt a bit. Add eggs. Cook as you normally would. Creamy delicious goodness.

I purchased cocoa (thank you Dr. Bork Bork) today and already have cayenne pepper, so I may try hot cocoa with cayenne pepper tonight. Chili later in the week fersure.

Nom Nom Nom, I love soft cheese with my eggs.... I also add Sour Cream to my scrambled eggs with a sliced up freshly roasted green chile!!!!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    And this isn't a recipe, but I like to add a bit of egg whites/egg beaters into the food processor when im making cauliflower mash. Just a bit or it'll come out runny!
    When I can, I add coconut milk. I will try egg whites though, normally I sue them with fruit. I use a dash of mustard and chipotle for seasoning on my cali-mash.

My parents loved green beans scrambled with eggs, kindda a combination of the two recipes above.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

epicuriousbynature is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narcolepticjenn View Post
    The BLAT: Bacon, avocado, and tomato, wrapped up in romaine lettuce. A little messy because the avocado is slippery, but delicious.
    I also like to make a two-second salad out of cut-up avocado and roma tomatoes to go with scrambled eggs.
    HAHAHAHA... I eat a BLOAT, Bacon, Lettuce, Onion, Avacado and Tomato! I like to use Romaine for some more crunch and Butter lettuce to wrap it in!

mbtwos is offline Member
    Puppy meatloaf

I feed my dog a raw egg, raw burger and pumpkin puree. If I add some chopped sauteed onions and garlic, a bit of Worcestershire sauce, some spices and top with cheese, bacon and hot sauce, bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes, I think that would make a nice primal meatloaf.

I'll let you know how it goes!

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast