Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Non-Recipe Recipe Thread page 6

Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    I have to dig around for a meatball recipe I found that used more eggs than one would expect could work and a lot more Parm. I want to say it was ~4 eggs and ~1 c. grated Parm to a pound of ground, plus spices... Sounds like it should slide off the tray, but actually made very nice, light meatballs that held their shape well. Will update.
    Might have lost it. I have a big binder of recipes in no particular order and didn't see it there.

Organizational skills would be nice, I suppose. But try adding more egg and Parm than you think should work. No breadcrumbs.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Shred or grate a sweet potato (or two, or however many you need to). Toss the shredded potato with a couple tablespoons of coconut oil. Bake in the oven at 375 for around 7-10 minutes, depending on how chewy/crispy you want it. Stir once or twice while it's cooking. Season with salt and pepper and nom nom nom...

Make enough so you have leftovers. Fry the leftovers with a little coconut oil as sweet potato hash browns. Because they're already cooked, all you have to do is fry them for a couple minutes to make them hot and re-crisp the edges. Eat with eggs and bacon!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Spaghetti squash, equal parts duck fat and butter, a little salt and black pepper, parmesan. Honestly, sometimes I think god only invented ducks for the fat.

I was so not in the mood to be creative and cook something complex tonight, so here's what I did: (note: when I buy ground beef, I immediately make patties out of it to freeze - three to a pound, or 5.3 oz per patty)

Threw two burgers on my small kitchen griddle (Cuisanart Griddler, which I love). In a pan, I sauteed 6 oz of mushrooms (sliced) in one tablespoon (plus a little more) of butter. Since I cook on electric, I know that when I turn off the burners, they continue to cook for a while. When the mushrooms were cooked, I turned off the burner and added 3 tblsp of full fat sour cream and stirred it in the mushrooms. When the burgers were cooked to my liking, I put them on a plate, then covered them with the mushroom/butter/sour cream mixture. Fatty meaty delicious goodness, with mushrooms, which I could eat by the pound raw or cooked. Yum.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    I threw a roast into the crockpot yesterday morning. It was still frozen hard as a rock. It was grass-fed beef, what sort of roast I have no idea because the package just said "roast". LOL! Gotta love the butcher my beef rancher uses!

I saute'd chopped onions, leeks, garlic, and mushrooms in ghee and dumped that on top of the roast. Left it alone all day.

Hubby and I had that + broccoli for dinner. Very yummy, hubby even had seconds (which he usually doesn't). The roast didn't have any bones, but that was okay because the meat was delicious!

BUT the best part... we had leftovers, and a lot of juice from the crockpot. So I put the meat into a container for dinner in a few days, and the juice into a different container. The juice had bits of beef and onion in it, but it was still mostly juice, like a bone broth with extras.

This morning, I decided to have some beef soup for breakfast--and it was totally jelled! No bones in the roast, but the broth still jelled! Best breakfast I've had since... well, since my omelet yesterday, actually. Best non-egg breakfast I've had!

As much as I love salmon, sometimes (it pains me to even write this) I just don't want to see one more fairly plain piece (with lemon and butter of course) sitting next to whatever veggie.

So, I was thinking that often when I get bored with something, if I make an egg dish, or some curry out of it, all of a sudden I love it again. Then I thought, why not both? Which is how I ended up with flaked leftover salmon in a slightly sweet curry sauce, finished off by two lightly fried eggs (in duck fat). I put the eggs on top but upside down, then tapped them until the yolk ran over the salmon. Now that's some fatty protein-y goodness.

Goldie, the juice from beef shanks does that for me also. First time I saw it I was one happy camper. I didn't think that little bone would do it, especially since I ate the marrow out of it with a spoon.

Bacon and potato. 2am. Sick with a cold. Slept all day. Hungry.

Cook some bacon in a pan. Boil potatoes in well salted water.

Dump some of the bacon fat into your bacon fat jar.

Get the bacon crispy.

Drain potatoes in collander (about 10 oz of potato).

Add potato to bacon. Add 1/2 tblsp ACV. S&P to taste. Yum.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    when baking pork chops sit a couple of apricots in the baking tray. Yummy low fuss "sauce'

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    I hacked some of my required intakes.

In a mug: two frozen cubes of bone broth, smallish teaspoon of coconut oil, two dashes of tumeric. Add hot water. Once or twice a week, I drop in some seaweed. Have this before bed with a couple of brazil nuts.

Without the seaweed it's pretty yummy. With the seaweed? Meh. I slurp down the green stuff quick and enjoy the rest of the drink knowing I've checked a lot of boxes.

NurseMama5 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Angry drunk shrimp

make marinade-3/4 to 1 cup of Frank's, 1/2 bottle/can of a junk beer that's lying around, SEVERAL cloves of garlic ( I use 6 at the minimum), lots of black pepper in a glass bowl or baking dish. Marinate the shrimp for 10 mins or so, WARNING it will "cook" the shrimp like a ceviche' if left too long. Pour off the marinade into a sauce pan and boil gently for at least 5 mins, add shrimp and cook until pink. I usually serve this over pan seared bell peppers, onions, and smoked sausage. YUM, easy!
    "I tried to call the nurse again, but she's bein' a little bitch....I think I'll get outta here." Pink

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast