Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Non-Recipe Recipe Thread page 5

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    sweet potato, red onion, cumin baked.

Mix up a nice egg scramble in a bowl with whatever deliciousness you like (flaked salmon, veggies of diverse kinds, etc). Then instead of scrambling, line a muffin tin with a slice of bacon per divet (I actually use 1/2 a slice), and pour the egg concoction into them - about 2/3 full. Bake at 350 for 30 min or so, and you have delicious little egg bombs! They freeze and reheat quite well, especially if you're down with microwaving things - say if you're stuck at work and need a quick, primal snack/lunch/breakfast. Super-handy, and has saved me from worse options. The muffin tin will be WAY easier to clean if you also use those little paper cup things.

Same with meatloaf. Whip some up (I've found that the breadcrumbs you usually put in meatloaf are entirely unnecessary - add parmesan cheese, if you want). Make large meatballs instead of a loaf. BAM - meatloaf bombs. Same deal.

curlygirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha the Cat View Post
    Mix up a nice egg scramble in a bowl with whatever deliciousness you like (flaked salmon, veggies of diverse kinds, etc). Then instead of scrambling, line a muffin tin with a slice of bacon per divet (I actually use 1/2 a slice), and pour the egg concoction into them - about 2/3 full. Bake at 350 for 30 min or so, and you have delicious little egg bombs! They freeze and reheat quite well, especially if you're down with microwaving things - say if you're stuck at work and need a quick, primal snack/lunch/breakfast. Super-handy, and has saved me from worse options. The muffin tin will be WAY easier to clean if you also use those little paper cup things.

Same with meatloaf. Whip some up (I've found that the breadcrumbs you usually put in meatloaf are entirely unnecessary - add parmesan cheese, if you want). Make large meatballs instead of a loaf. BAM - meatloaf bombs. Same deal.
    sweet!! thank you!
    My blog: Paleo Musings
    Tweeting all things primal: Twitter
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

Nursenadine01 is offline Junior Member
    Baked banana: Place whole bananas (in peel) on baking sheet (put on parchment or aluminum foil because they may split and get messy) and bake at 350 for 25 min. They will turn black. Cool a bit, and peel. Eat by itself, or top with greek yogurt, honey and sliced almonds
    Last edited by Nursenadine01; 12-04-2012 at 06:13 AM. Reason: added oven temp

curlygirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nursenadine01 View Post
    Baked banana: Place whole bananas (in peel) on baking sheet (put on parchment or aluminum foil because they may split and get messy) and bake for 30 min. They will turn black. Cool a bit, and peel. Eat by itself, or top with greek yogurt, honey and sliced almonds
    What temp do you bake it at?
    My blog: Paleo Musings
    Tweeting all things primal: Twitter
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

Nursenadine01 is offline Junior Member
    oops, sorry was doing it from memory - looked it up and it is 350 for 25 min

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha the Cat View Post
    Very true. They are just there as filler to stretch out the meat. Parmesan is a good idea. I sometimes use just dried onions or some fresh salsa and a little bit of almond meal.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Fry walnut halves in a wee bit of butter, then sprinkle with salt and curry powder. really yummy snack
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

I have to dig around for a meatball recipe I found that used more eggs than one would expect could work and a lot more Parm. I want to say it was ~4 eggs and ~1 c. grated Parm to a pound of ground, plus spices... Sounds like it should slide off the tray, but actually made very nice, light meatballs that held their shape well. Will update.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i do the paleo mug cake on my hard workout day. which is just approx 1 big spoon of coconut oil melted into a mug. put in a tbsp or so of cocoa powder, mash in a banana, mix in an egg and a capful of vanilla. stir in a tbsp or so of coconut flour. you can put in some flaked almonds which are nicest if they are pre toasted, you can mix in a bit of coconut milk to make it more liquid if you want, chop in some brazil nuts etc. then nuke it for about a min and a half. i have occasionally managed to get the coconut oil to partially set with the cocoa by accident when i have been mixing it all up and ended up with a sort of vanilla / choc / with almost choc chips mug cake which was very yummy. when i have needed cake NOW lol i have done this without the cocoa and put in some dried fruit and some spices and made a paleo mug fruit cake which was actually quite nice.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast