Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Non-Recipe Recipe Thread page 3

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    This one was sort of a fail for me. Ever since Buffalo Wings got popular, chicken wings went from being the "garbage" sold for pennies a pound to being priced like real meat. I don't have a prob with that, but I won't buy them. I will "buffalo" just about anything else and Buffalo Thighs work great.

So, anyway, I found turkey necks really cheap and buffalo-ed them. One bottle of hot sauce to one stick of butter. Not great. The good news is that once I picked off all the meat (it's not terrible and will be fine in a stir fry), I have a nice amount of bones for broth.

Lovin' all the ideas I'm getting here.

Legrand is offline Junior Member
    My super lazy meal- I put a frozen buffalo patty on slow cook. Then, grab handfulls of fresh herbs from my garden, shred them, scatter them over the meat. Shred, stir, put meat, drippings, herbs on top of spinach/lettuce salad.

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    roasted capsicum makes any salad greens so much yummier. With fetta is a meal on its own

MeatSleepRepeat is offline Senior Member
    I drop a raw egg or two in my smoothies. Makes them smoother and richer.

Paleobird Guest
    Coffee cup full of coconut cream with unsweetened cocoa powder and a touch of cinnamon and nutmeg then nuke=ketogenic hot chocolate.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Coarsely chop cabbage (or cucumbers, radishes), sprinkle with coarse salt and vinegar, a touch of water, optionally dill or red pepper flakes. Beats chips.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Kilian is offline Senior Member
    Glad I'm not the only one that enjoys munching on cabbage

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    Yum!

My go to junk meal - nuke sweet potato. Fry up chorizo, onion, red peppers (and any other veggie lingering in your fridge), stir through pesto (mine is primal, yay!) and dump on top of sweet potato.

Optional - top with mozzarella (or cheese of choice) and grill until beautiful and brown. It's like pizza!
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Nice play on a potato, Goose.

Last night dredged (lightly) some oysters in tapioca flour. Put them on a bacon greased baking pan (a cookie sheet or bottom of two-part broiler pan would work). Topped each one with a tiny piece of each: butter, provolone cheese, jalapeno. Put under low broiler setting far enough away that they wouldn't char. 10 minutes. Let cool just enough that you can get a spatula under them and the cheese doesn't stay in the pan. Omg, that came out far better than I thought it would.

I think parmesan would work on this also and give it a crunchier rather than meltier feel. Also, I'm not sure the tapioca flour really added anything and next time I'm going to try it without. Oh, and you want to drain and pat dry the oysters before dredging.

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    Has anyone got anymore? I like reading these

For a super refreshing summer drink, I make big jugs of chai tea (no milk) and add lemon juice. Juice of one lemon to approx 2 litres of tea is perfect for me. Serve with heaps of ice. Served it to some GFs over lunch the other day and they loved it!
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast