Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Non-Recipe Recipe Thread page 12

Castle is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Ohhh...now I'm hungry. I want to try more burger burgers with the good meat - I totally had mine at a BBQ with CAFO meat and ketchup/mustard loaded with HFCS. But it was still good. And a grilled cheese? That will be my first meal as soon as I buy more ground beef. Mmm.

Fair warning - it's not clean like a bun. At all. But it's tastier.

RenegadeRN is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    thai red curry.
    brown some meat chunks in some coconut oil or butter. you can throw in some chopped garlic and onions if you like. add a few tbsp red curry paste. fry for a little while longer. stir in a can of coconut milk, approx a cup of broth ( opt ) and a tbsp of fish sauce ( opt ) or a bit of coconut sugar to sweeten. simmer till the meat is done. you can add things like chopped cilantro, different spices like some cinnamon. sweet potatoes and peas. serve over steamed veges or mashed potatoes. or add in some pinapple chunks and eat like soup. you can make this with fish or shellfish. prob even eggs. make it green or yellow curry etc. add in beanshoots and water chestnuts and other veges etc.
    I know this is an older post, but it's new to me... Keeping this idea on file! Sounds wonderful!
    On breaking out of the healthcare box..."Box? What box? Take cover, it's gonna get ugly... "

Pax
    Pax is offline Junior Member
    When I'm low on money and need a really cheap-o meal I fry up ground beef with lots of salt, pepper, garlic & fennel, then I drain it and while still hot mix in some homemade mayo or aioli, a squirt of mustard and a dash of worcestershire sauce. Then I mix this creamy goodness into raw broccoli slaw or shredded cabbage (you can throw in any other raw veggies at this point too) top with a little crumbled feta and I'm in heaven!

Antiochia is offline Senior Member
    How about the Un-candy bar -- 1/4 oz. of unsweetened baking chocolate (I use "Baker's" brand which has the bar marked off ion 1/4 oz. rectangles - the ingredients are just "chocolate" ), 1 date, and 1 Brazil nut. Take all three and eat at the same time.

Now, I suppose you could make bars by combining 4 dates per oz. of unsweetened chocolate in a food processor, then mixing with chopped nuts of choice in a bowl, and then press into a pan and cut into bars, but why? My way you don't dirty any dishes, it tastes like a candy bar, and there are no weird ingredients (although I could get some organic chocolate but I'm too cheap for that).
    Ruth

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    ~Bill Cosby

See my journal, The Balancing Act: Integrating Primal into My Life, for menu plans, musings, and more.

I love halva, but the common stuff is too sweet for me, so I mixed organic tahini, honey and cocoa = yummyyy 1 tsp honey for 100 g tahini is enough for me.

Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost. - Neil Gaiman

My journal
    iHerb.com code LBN037 - $10 off your first purchase

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    Spaghetti Squash & Salmon is such a BOMB combo!!!

dcoffill is offline Junior Member
    Ground beef and spinach topped with 2 fried eggs...runny yoke and warm burger...heaven!

Any thing in the fridge in broth, boil and then dump raw scrambled eggs into the boil and stir quick. Even just kale and broth with the egg drop i

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Livers ... any ... chicken, lamb or beef, just dice and saute in lots of good butter. Don't colour up, just get it cooked through. Blend. Scrape into a ramekin and chill in the fridge overnight. Eat with carrot and celery sticks.

How to enjoy liver in one very easy step.

Add a little double cream when blending for a really sumptuous "parfait".

adam204 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pjgh View Post
    Livers ... any ... chicken, lamb or beef, just dice and saute in lots of good butter. Don't colour up, just get it cooked through. Blend. Scrape into a ramekin and chill in the fridge overnight. Eat with carrot and celery sticks.

How to enjoy liver in one very easy step.

Add a little double cream when blending for a really sumptuous "parfait".
    What butter do you use mr H?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Aged Gouda, dates and pecans.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast