Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Non-Recipe Recipe Thread page 11

seaweed is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    i quite like mixing up avocado and cultured cream and dumping shucked fresh oysters on the top. hadnt thought of trying cottage cheese but that will be my next attempt. it would prob be nice with toroi as well which is essentially just shucked chopped raw mussels in vinegar.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    IMG_2932.jpg

Cucumbers with goat cheese, basil and smoked salmon.

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    Salmon & Spaghetti Squash is literally the BEST combination on the face of the planet.

Roasted green beans in the oven with salt, pepper and olive oil - FRIGGIN' delicious "French Fries"!

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    I roasted some veggies this weekend; over a pound of broccoli, a pound of brussels sprouts (quartered, to be more bite size and also to increase the surface area for browning); coated in 2 or 3 T olive oil + 1 T sesame oil + 1 T Worcestershire + 2 T apple cider vinegar + 2 T Tamari + juice of 1 lime; 400 F for 30 minutes; the upper surfaces were a little too dark, I should have stirred them around at 15 min mark, but they were still quite good and still with some crunch but plenty of dark brown roasted edges and seemed a near perfect amount of oil/acid coating. I think the lime juice gave them a nice tanginess so will maybe try juice of two limes next time... and I really like the brussels sprouts this way; never had them as a kid but love them little cabbages now.
    Natural products super cheap @ iherb: Use discount code SEN850 at http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=sen850 for $10 off first order; free shipping $20+ order in USA

egyption grok is offline Senior Member
    1=cocoa powder with coconut oil mix together with little honey
    2=shredded coconut with butter and a bit more than the honey in first bowel
    3=put second bowel in microwave for 30 sec until butter melts and mix it when its out
    4=pour the "chocolate" on top and put in freezer for quick or fridge for slow. and there u have it primal bounty

my ingredients for one serving
    2tbsp cocoa powder with tbsp coconut oil and tsp honey< 1/4 cup shredded coconut with tbsp butter and 3/4 tbsp honey and thats it , if u want u can add some coconut cream and any other topping very very filling "dessert"

I'm suprised by taste of easy food I have made for dinner:
    I sliced eggplant, put it on parchment paper, drizzle with butter/olive oil, salt and pepper. I baked on 200C (390F) and once it was slightly brown, I added grated goat cheese (balkan - it is really salty kind) on top. Baked it few more minutes. Sooo gooood
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost. - Neil Gaiman

My journal
    iHerb.com code LBN037 - $10 off your first purchase

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    IMG_2932.jpg

Cucumbers with goat cheese, basil and smoked salmon.
    You and I could have been roomies. I wrap the same stuff in nori, but now I have to try cucumber as the platform!

Quote Originally Posted by SugarfreeLife View Post
    I'm suprised by taste of easy food I have made for dinner:
    I sliced eggplant, put it on parchment paper, drizzle with butter/olive oil, salt and pepper. I baked on 200C (390F) and once it was slightly brown, I added grated goat cheese (balkan - it is really salty kind) on top. Baked it few more minutes. Sooo gooood
    Great idea for one of my favorite foods. (I have to admit that I don't eat it as much because the way I used to eat it was dipped in bread crumbs and egg and then fried.)

Y'all have me drooling - everyone, not just the above. It's almost 3pm; I can't wait to eat. LOL
    Last edited by JoanieL; 05-29-2013 at 12:46 PM. Reason: spelling
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Castle is offline Senior Member
    Burger Burger - Triple the beef, triple the fun
    Why bother with lettuce and mushrooms for bun substitutes when you can have MORE MEAT? Use burgers as buns, with a burger (or two!) inside, desired condiments and toppings pressed between that juicy meat.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Burger Burger - Triple the beef, triple the fun
    Why bother with lettuce and mushrooms for bun substitutes when you can have MORE MEAT? Use burgers as buns, with a burger (or two!) inside, desired condiments and toppings pressed between that juicy meat.
    LOL - that's awesome! It also sounds like a great idea for a grilled cheese sandwich. Two burgers with choice of cheese melted between. Or two burgers with a couple of fried eggs in between. Tomato and homemade mayo - okay, I'm drooling on my keyboard over that one.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    My first lamb dish in so many years, I honestly don't remember when I last ate it.

Ground lamb + feta cheese + garlic powder and spices = the burgers.

Yogurt + cucumber processed to creamy in the food processor = the sauce.

I cooked the burgers on a fairly high heat to get a decent char on the outside - came out nice and juicy. Sliced some cherry tomatoes in half and put them on top. Covered the whole thing with the yogurt sauce. Tangy, juicy, meaty delicious goodness.

The pics aren't that great, but I ain't no photographer, just a cavegirl dancing in her kitchen.

Yum... That sounds good! I'm going to have to try it soon.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast