Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Non-Recipe Recipe Thread page 10

dcoffill is offline Junior Member
    I chop a tomato, mash an avocado and blend with a can of tuna...AMAZING!

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    This thread is awesome!

Here are some things I have eaten while my boyfriend has been away.

MANGO SALSA
    Diced mango, red bell pepper, heirloom tomato, cilantro, onion. Squeeze lime over it. Add salt and pepper and for added flavor either a little Sriracha sauce, some Embasa Chiles in Adobo salsa or both. Make a big batch and serve it with everything.

MEAT OF THE DAY BOWL
    Fry up in a pan some vegetables and some meat. I've done salmon, chicken, pork and even beef liver. Add Chiles in Adobo salsa if you have it. Smother the end result with mango salsa if you have it. If not, find something to put on top: Sriracha sauce, salsa, avocado, whatever. Serve over one of the bottom layer options below.

BOWL BOTTOM LAYER
    - Steam up some cauliflower and pulverize it to the consistency of cous-cous in a food processor. Optionally add some olive oil or butter.
    - Cook up a sweet potato or yam and put that in the bottom of the bowl
    - Cook up any kind of random vegetables. Add some kind of seasoning to make it tastier.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    I like to take dried dates, stuff them with a cube of cold kerrygold butter and eat them for dessert - I swear they taste just like chocolate chip cookie dough!
    I like dates with cheese stuffed in them.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    That looks really good. I've never had fried green tomatoes, but I have had green tomatoes in Chinese food. So delicious!

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    Tonight I destroyed a cup of assorted stuffed olives with my wand blender and used it as omelet filling.
    And I blended oregano, tomato paste, and baking powder into the eggs...

Ended up very fluffy and gooey from the feta cheese.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    thai red curry.
    brown some meat chunks in some coconut oil or butter. you can throw in some chopped garlic and onions if you like. add a few tbsp red curry paste. fry for a little while longer. stir in a can of coconut milk, approx a cup of broth ( opt ) and a tbsp of fish sauce ( opt ) or a bit of coconut sugar to sweeten. simmer till the meat is done. you can add things like chopped cilantro, different spices like some cinnamon. sweet potatoes and peas. serve over steamed veges or mashed potatoes. or add in some pinapple chunks and eat like soup. you can make this with fish or shellfish. prob even eggs. make it green or yellow curry etc. add in beanshoots and water chestnuts and other veges etc.

zizou is offline Senior Member
    2 very simple delicious things i did yesterday:

can of tuna mixed with avocado and sprinkled spring onoin over. Bit of pepper and beautiful breakfast. Other one was steamed brocholli and brussel sprouts and bit of pepper and drizzle little ghee and apple cider vinegar on top.

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    Chicken and avocado go really well together, IMO.

My new favorite throw-together meal is to take an avocado, cubed, add about a handful of cubed cooked chicken and throw it in a bowl with lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and cilantro. Sometime I'm gonna try adding chopped onion, and chopped green olives might be good too.

It's a lot more filling than it sounds.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    IMNSHO, avocado makes everything better.

sb, mango salsa has to be one of the greatest inventions ever!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Yes, it is. I made a quart of mango salsa last night. I had a sweet potato, cubed chicken and mango salsa for breakfast and lunch today.

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've taken to dumping a can of smoked oysters into a tub of cottage cheese. Kind of poor man's Oyster Rockefeller.
    Last edited by Rojo; 04-29-2013 at 11:27 PM.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast