Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You've got a gun to your head....popcorn popped on coconut oil or.... page

springdragon2727 is offline Junior Member

You've got a gun to your head....popcorn popped on coconut oil or....

Carrot sticks?

Just kidding. How about cape cod potato chips whose only ingredients are potatoes/canola oil?

Neither are overly primal choices. Just getting an idea of which is the lesser of 2 evils?

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    The lesser of the two evils is an individual effect. Personally I don't eat potato chips, so I guess the popcorn wins (since I have made that at home). I do make french fries with olive oil at home too though.

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    Canola is probably GMO... not to mention all the shit they do to conventional potatoes... some potato farmer said he has a private crop of potatoes he grows for his family, he doesn't see the ones he grows commercially as safe to eat...

How about you go get a bag of organic russet potatoes (3.99 for 3lbs at my regular ol' supermarket), cut them into thick-ish slices, fry in coconut oil with a bit of salt, and thank me later for saving you from both those two evils My mom told me once about a friend of a friend, a gastroenterologist, who said almost every case of diverticulitis he treated was due to popcorn kernels lingering in the intestines, forming little pockets...

Monk is offline Senior Member
    considering the gun scenario...which ever one is closer, self preservation trumps a temporary disconfort.

Now, if there were no gun...NEITHER. Just had a deja vu Matrix-y moment,"There is no gun"

springdragon2727 is offline Junior Member
    Y'all are more hardcore than me, lol! I am headed to the movies and I was debating on popping my own popcorn....

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Bacon.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Timthetaco Guest
    Popcorn.

peril is offline Senior Member
    There is no gun
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    So it's essentially corn vs canola oil...

I think the corn would give me worse effects, so I'd go with the chips.

hostetlgaret is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The lesser of the two evils is an individual effect

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast