Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: You've got a gun to your head....popcorn popped on coconut oil or.... page 3

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I believe you, but I don't believe the labelling. I'm never eating corn again, period. Monsanto can kiss my rosy red ass in Macy's window.

Oh, yeah. To the op, potatoes.
    Canola oil is almost entirely GMO. If you're swapping out corn for a product containing canola oil, you're still supporting Monsanto. It's like trying to boycott General Motors by trading in your Corvette for a Cadillac. At least you can buy corn from a local farm.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I'm in a head space I'm sure a lot of people go through before relaxing in that not only would I eat neither of those offerings, but for right now, I probably won't eat out for awhile. I like my cooking and I like to cook for me, so for right now anyway, I just get my fixin's and cook all my own meals. I pretty much stay away from anything in a bag, box, or can, apart from the usual cream, butter, etc. It's just my thing; I don't expect everyone to be that way.

When I read things like the fact that there is at least one ConAgra product in over 90% of American households, I realize that it's virtually impossible to stay away from the basically six companies that provide the US with the majority of its food. Monsanto is the nastiest of the lot, but they're all packaging the cheapest bullcrap they can and calling it food.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123