Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Shovelglove 101: An Illustrated Guide page

Timothy is offline Senior Member

Shovelglove 101: An Illustrated Guide

Primal Fuel
    If you've read more than a couple of my posts, you've probably been annoyed by my constant references to shovelglove, a form of zero-impact sledgehammer training. It's been my entire weight workout since going primal, with the exception of bodyweight exercises and hoisting rocks. I enjoy it as much as any game or sport and I'm really pleased with the muscle-building effects.

I've wanted to share this unique and very primal exercise system with all of my friends on MDA, so I finally finished the first part of my guide this evening. Won't you give it a read?

http://www.urbanprimalist.com/id3.html

I hope it gets you reaching for a hammer!

bruce.b is offline Member
    Hi Timothy,
    I like your guide. Very well done. A good source for ideas is clubbells, after all they are pretty much the same thing if you don't use the hammer to hit stuff. If you have a place to do it I think it would be a good idea to hit stuff with them too. You don't have to use a tire, you can just beat the ground to death. What works well is to shovel a pile of dirt and hit that.

bruce

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Niiiiice guide, Tim. I feel like I need to run out and buy a hammer now!

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    Good info on there Tim. Look forward to your updates so I can put 'Sledgy' to work in various other ways.
    I grok, therefore I am.

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Bruce, Flash, LTC, thanks for liking my guide! I had a lot of fun writing it, but this first article only scratches the surface. I have several new moves and surprises in store for the next installments in the series, so stay tuned for those.

Bruce, clubbells sound like fun, and if they sold them at the hardware store I'd probably already be using them somehow. I do like the idea of actually beating something with the hammer, but living in a small apartment limits my options. I'm thinking of attacking some of the sand dunes at the beach.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Duuuuude I stopped reading to say you look f***ing ripped! (censorship is mine not the board's doing) very inspiring! I've been toying with the idea of getting a bit stricter on myself, cutting out dairy, doing more deliberate IFs, etc and this is just what I needed to see in order to do it. Funny how humans work huh? I'm already thrilled at my progress and how much fun I'm having with it, how much energy I feel, but I still have body fat I want to be rid of.

Question, I lift 3x (tues/thurs/sat) but have nothing for monday so I usually use that as a sprint/bodyweight day. Could I shovelglove on monday and still lift on tuesday? (I lift at 8:30am) or should I just try it and see how it goes? Also, I'm pretty sure there's a sledgehammer somewhere in my house (or "comba" in spanish, I'll refer to shovelglove as my comba workout!) but I'm not sure of the weight of it and don't keep a scale at home. Should I purchase one to know what weight I'm doing or not to over do it with a heavier comba?

Awesome guide dude, pumped to try this out.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    Usually the weight is printed on the sledgehammer somewhere.
    I grok, therefore I am.

RavunJM is online now Junior Member
    Wow Tim, great guide! I just went out to Lowe's and bought a 10 pounder two Saturdays ago and was incorporating the basic moves from Reinhards site. I felt some of the moves to be repeats of themselves, so today i will try and substitute ones your guide suggested. How often a week do you do your shovelglove routine?

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Keep the good work up! Always good to see someone working on one of their passions!

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Allbeef Patty is offline Senior Member
    Nice work!

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast