Thread: Dynamax/Med ball clean and press video page

Catrin is offline Senior Member

Dynamax/Med ball clean and press video

I am trying to find a video that shows good form for a dynamax ball/medicine ball (or any other ball that doesn't have handles) clean and press. My trainer introduced me to this recently and I'm having a problem getting the shoulder shrug and following parts right. I've learned it really helps to watch videos at home where I can see good form and practice movements. I don't like to trust my memory on a movement that gives me trouble - this is one real good way to teach my body the wrong way.

So far I've not succeeded in finding a video that shows the entire movement. Lots of videos on a clean using a ball, but the very few I've seen that adds the press have bad form (no shoulder shrug). I've a problem with not wanting to shrug and letting go of the ball when I switch hand positions - and while that works with a ball it would be bad to do that with a bar...

If anyone knows of an appropriate video I would appreciate it. I've been searching for the last 30 minutes with no luck.
    Last edited by Catrin; 11-13-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Have you seen this one? http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/C...t_MBCleans.wmv --it shows the clean part quite clearly. I don't know about the press part--it doesn't seem like it would be that difficult, once you have the clean mastered. Just press the ball overhead when you stand.
    Last edited by Goldie; 11-13-2012 at 04:44 PM.

Catrin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Have you seen this one? http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/C...t_MBCleans.wmv --it shows the clean part quite clearly. I don't know about the press part--it doesn't seem like it would be that difficult, once you have the clean mastered.
    Thanks for this, I had not seen it. I was looking for one that shows the press as well - so far at least we've not done straight cleans in my group training sessions. Of course that doesn't mean we won't do that tomorrow I think this video shows me exactly what he wants me to focus on when I practice - and thanks again!