Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long can carb flu last? page 2

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    You might direct her to the blog of Dr Peter Attia, The Eating Academy for some good tips on transitioning to low carb.

Fitness Wayne is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the advice guys, I will pass it along to her.

Aine Vend is offline Member
    I am so glad I read this Forum! I have been Primal for about 6 weeks, commitment level 100%. This is not my first time around but I'm in it for the long haul this time. I felt more energy, positive and "wow I can't believe I don't crave sugar." Things were going very well. Not a lot of weight loss but I felt/feel that will fall into place later. I am on the second week of the worst energy drop, my housemate calls me a mucus monster in the morning, some hacking up junk and I get an occasional headache. I don't have sinus or respiratory infection. It just takes a lot to get motivated and I don't feel the energy I used too. I caught a flu meds commercial on TV and thought... "Maybe that's it, carb flu." I just didn't think it would happen after I'd been at it for a few weeks and felt so great in the beginning.
    When I read that people experience it for five weeks or longer I know I am on the right path. Also I have been cutting back the past couple weeks to encourage weight loss and that may have stepped up the symptoms. I'm going to add the fat back to where it was. Thank you again for posting your own experiences one and all.

wanderinjack is online now Senior Member
    Mine lasted over 2 weeks. What actually helped a lot was a good probiotic.

Wanderin Jack

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Took around five days for me (basically totally dysfunctional during that time), but for some people it takes more like four weeks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12