Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Be MOAR Primal! page 2

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    Forgot to to include I would also ideally be living in some kind of intentional community of like minded weirdos while farming and crafting and home-edding.
    When the zombie apocalypse comes, (or any other apocalypse that we survive) my in-laws have a pretty nice setup out in the sticks with a herd of sheep, a cheese-making plant, a couple of cows, a handful of pigs, and I think they're starting to put in some fruit trees now too. I think I need to learn how to butcher, tan hides, and make shoes.

BratKat is offline Senior Member
    Home Agriculture is not very Primal.... Agriculture was the beginning of the Fall. You should be "hunting" and "gathering" (sneaking onto neighbor's properties and "gathering" their veggies in the night OR scraping up roadkill). Agriculture is pretty labor intensive. We prefer to play.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I'd move to BC. Too bad jobs are always in the crappy climates.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BratKat View Post
    Home Agriculture is not very Primal.... Agriculture was the beginning of the Fall. You should be "hunting" and "gathering" (sneaking onto neighbor's properties and "gathering" their veggies in the night OR scraping up roadkill). Agriculture is pretty labor intensive. We prefer to play.
    Primal Living - In the Modern World
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I don't believe agriculture was the beginning of the fall. Agribusiness, on the other hand has become destructive. In the process of producing more and more profit per acre, we've become complacent to the fact that our veggies have about 40% fewer nutrients than those grown by our great grandparents in their small gardens. Animals are squished into the tightest spaces possible and fed the cheapest food possible, and cows are fed hormones and antibiotics (to offset the effects of those hormones). Chickens are debeaked. It's all rather disgusting.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in laissez faire capitalism (which no longer exists anywhere), but consumers are ignorantly not keeping food producers in check.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    I would spend less time on this computer and more in the great outdoors.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Ditto Annie - I'm trying to reduce the sheer amount of information I have streaming into my life every single minute. I've cancelled my twitter account, unfriended everyone except my kids on facebook, unfollowed most blogs, and started screening my phone calls. Next step is to unplug from the email unless I'm at work. Can't quite get there yet!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Become food self-sufficient, with a small farm. I want a small flock of dairy sheep and wool sheep. (I have raised sheep in the past so i know it's hard work) Make my own sheep's milk cheese and yogurt, raise our own meat (pork, bison, lamb), grow our own veggies, and fruit, go out in the back stream and fish for trout, and my husband could hunt for deer, and turkey, pheasant, quail. Basically, this was the way I was raised. I would snowshoe, and cross country ski during the day and spin wool and knit in the evening. Basically return to my childhood. Now if anyone could help me figure out how to finance this little endeavor that would be great.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal123 View Post
    . Now if anyone could help me figure out how to finance this little endeavor that would be great.
    There in lies the problem - my solution is this - SCREW THE LAW.

In otherwords rather than trying to buy land with a house on () I'm just going to buy the land and live on it in a moveable house (converted horse lorry or mobile library) this is still not legal, but planning permission is easier for things that can be driven off, plus you have to catch us first

Now we just have to sell the house
    Last edited by Tribal Rob; 11-16-2012 at 04:55 AM.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Rob what about a yurt? I have considered this in the past. Not as cheap as your lorry but indoor plumbing is nice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast