Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: enough with the MOAR already! page 3

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hell why don't we just eat MOAR IODINE while sitting in a cold bath for MOAR time and publishing even MOAR obscure leptin blood test results, and hit the trifecta.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    MOAR "No more MOAR" Threads!

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    MOAR "No more MOAR" Threads!
    Pwned!

Hey, I just invented a new word Primal + Owned = Pwned I'll bet it takes off like (potato) hotcakes!

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Potatoes, eggs, meat, whatever. Limiting yourself to one food will result in weight loss almost all the time for one reason - lack of palatability/food reward.

Cheat Day Strategies For A Hedonist | Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

4. Limit choices, not amounts.

Studies show that when people are presented with multiple food-choices, they eat more. In fact, calorie intake during a buffet scales almost linearly with the amount of different foods to choose from. If I offered you unlimited amounts of turkey and cheesecake, you'd likely only eat so much of it before you felt "full" and satisfied.

However, if I threw a third food into the mix, like potatoes or chocolate pudding, you'd end up eating a lot more - even if you weren't a fan of potatoes or chocolate pudding in normal circumstances. Humans are wired a bit funny and some behaviors are maladaptive in our environment of excesses. Having a taste of everything was a good strategy during our evolution, since it protected again micronutrient-deficiencies.

By "mentally limiting" the food choices you allow yourself, i.e. only eating that which you absolutely love and crave, can be a very effective strategy in regulating calorie intake without feeling deprived. Remember, you don't need to taste of every damn food or treat that is offered. Stick to that which you truly enjoy eating and skip the rest.
    Quoted for truth. The more options you have, the more you will want to eat. Humans are hardwired to "try everything." You know that guy at the dessert table that just has to "try a piece of everything" even though they're already stuffed from dinner. He'd be more than happy with a slice of chocolate cake. But there's also pound cake, apple pie and ice cream. You gotta try a piece of each, and the apple pie has to be a la mode.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    But tapeworms are a perfectly Primal food. No?
    Wouldn't the diatomaceous earth kill them off?
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

VacillateWildly is offline Senior Member
    I like the MOAR threads, a bit of intertextuality suggests harmony on the forums. I think they've run their course, the latest one being slightly ironic.

I've read them all, it's been informative.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123