Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: What "death" foods are in your 20%?

Shop Now
    Super Choc Fudge Cookie Cream Deluxe
    Randy Ice Punch Maple Pancake SuperFix
    Whipped Cream Vanilla Double Choc Peanut Caramel Slice and
    Potatoes

Enjoy

Most of my poultry is soy fed and most of my meat is grain fed. I enjoy fruit often, although I keep it seasonal. I have lots of dairy even though I don't tolerate it very well. Every so often I get a spiced chai from a local shop that is quite sweetened, and of course occasional coconut flour baked goods. I enjoy it all, but not as much as I love and crave real food, now.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    That's the kinda cheesecake I'm talking about!
    I've had it with crawfish and andouille, a good creamy spicy thing.

I wonder if my in-laws would be mad if I showed up with one of those as a "cheese cake" on T'day.
    They'd probably bow at your feet and declare you a Saint.

Our crawfish season starts around late Feb, early March, and I'll be chowing down like I always do.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    They'd probably bow at your feet and declare you a Saint.

Our crawfish season starts around late Feb, early March, and I'll be chowing down like I always do.
    No...

They would be mad and all openly in a huff I didn't bring them an ultra-SWEET and not touch it.
    Which would be quite a bonus for me since I won't be eating 90% of what they will be...
    You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    They do a thing here in the south called Crawfish Cheesecake. It's totally savory (I'm thinking that sweet crawfish would probably taste nasty). I've made it as a custard so as to avoid crust, and it's pretty awesome.
    Got a good recipe? That sounds awesome.

I love cheesecake... but hate shellfish. I've never had a savory cheesecake of any kind.

I like a good, rich, new york style cheesecake with a graham cracker crust.
    ~Jen~

OSW (1/6/12) - 230
    PSW (9/10/12) - 224
    CW (12/5/12) - 208
    GW - 160

Ok, ok, I got one for real this time. There ain't much wrong with cheesecake if you're gonna go for dessert - crushed nuts and butter for crust, cream cheese, eggs, heavy cream and vanilla for the filling. That's better than some legitimate lunches people bring into work.

I like trying Ben & Jerry's limited batches if they sound appealing. There's just something about a "limited batch" - I could get their normal junk whenever I want (so I never do), but the limited batches...uh oh, I gotta try!! Sales tactics. Well, I bought this 2 weeks ago because it was on sale for an incredibly low $2.50 and I was hearing rave reviews.

And how can an Italian resist anything with the word "cannoli" on it?

Well, it was so good I bought another. Uh oh
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Paleobird, I don't have a recipe. I google and then make the filling and bake in ramikens in a water bath.

Shop Now
    merengues - they only have egg white, citric acid and sugar. I don't stress over eating one or two of them, but I never do, so...
    coconut candy bars - wich basically have sugar and coconut glued together by glucose. YUM
    eeeerr, whipped cream? conventional pumpkin pie (because Im lazy),
    other than that.... conventional meat?