Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: What "death" foods are in your 20%? page 7

Catrin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyMac703 View Post

note: I train pretty hard 3-4 days a week, and run or do something lighter on the other days, so I by no means consider sweet potatoes and mashed pumpkin protein pudding (godly, btw) and the like part of my 20%. Same goes for any carb heavy pre-climb food.
    It sounds like we have a similar training schedule - though I do take 1-2 days off a week. What is this "mashed pumpkin protein pudding" of which you speak?

Primal kenny is offline Junior Member
    definitley alcohol, really bad this summer between picnics and Friday night volleyball. Not too mention beers at golf... Hmm really need to return to my once a week I di Jan-April when I started Primal. Also Pizza about once a month (but it is homemade with decent ingredeints)

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    I'd say this...

But it always seems to make me feel better.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

simpstr is offline Senior Member
    Wow, that looks very sweet!
    Health is Wealth!

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    grilled cheese sandwiches, in fact, I was recently pretty ill with a lung infection of some kind (either bronchitis or walking pneumonia - will find out from the doctor on Monday) and almost completely lost my appetite for 4 weeks. Grilled cheese was the only thing I really wanted to eat so I had one or a half of one a few days when I was actually hungry and yeah Coca-Cola -maybe it goes back to childhood. Anyway there were other days I barely ate anything at at all. Lost about 5 lbs, but I think it was mostly muscle tone.
    Last edited by Lynna; 11-15-2012 at 09:08 AM.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by simpstr View Post
    Wow, that looks very sweet!
    Nah, I don't find cheesecake sweet. It's definitely a fatty, creamy, savory dessert. Probably why it's my favorite next to ice cream.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    What "death" foods are in your 20%
    Fugu fish.

If that's not enough, I was thinking of catching my own live alligator, which could be kind of dangerous, though.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    The title of this thread is "Death" foods...

Since when are things like

"dark chocolate over 72% cacao"
    or
    "fruit"
    or
    "red wine 1-2x per month"
    or
    "full fat greek yogurt"

...or such going to KILL a person?
    +1000000

Seriously, if you're considering fruit, a glass of red wine, some good cheese, or similar to be "death foods" then you really need to chill (in general--health conditions excused of course).

Jeebus, this seems like it's turned into the primal purity thread. "I'm so primal, I consider dark chocolate a death food!" Really? Because my "death" foods are things like creme brulee or dill pickle potato chips or a sweet Kashmiri chai, and even then, they're not "death" foods, they're just non-primal foods I eat from time to time.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    They do a thing here in the south called Crawfish Cheesecake. It's totally savory (I'm thinking that sweet crawfish would probably taste nasty). I've made it as a custard so as to avoid crust, and it's pretty awesome.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    They do a thing here in the south called Crawfish Cheesecake. It's totally savory (I'm thinking that sweet crawfish would probably taste nasty). I've made it as a custard so as to avoid crust, and it's pretty awesome.
    That's the kinda cheesecake I'm talking about!
    I've had it with crawfish and andouille, a good creamy spicy thing.

I wonder if my in-laws would be mad if I showed up with one of those as a "cheese cake" on T'day.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast