Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What "death" foods are in your 20%? page 5

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I forgot to add, there's this marinated green olive and pepperoncini blend with garlic and italian spices that is TO DIE FOR. It's Nob Hill brand, and I love it. I can eat a whole jar in one day. But it contains sulfites and I think preservative.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Goat's/sheep's dairy - that alone counts for more than 20% of my calories. Eating more of that than I did before I went primal. That's not part of my 20%, as I am of Celtic stock with proven genetic adaptation to take advantage of dairy.

Alcohol could be another deviation - again, I'm of Celtic stock.

Oh, and potatoes without their skins - well, obviously, those don't count either.

Just eating what my ancestors ate (plus some Mediterranean and South-East Asian primal-friendly goodies).
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

merryish is offline Senior Member
    Dark chocolate - I try to stay over 72% cocoa, and the fewer ingredients the better, but I don't always sweat the soy lecithin. And I don't always practice moderation.

Overeating fruit - I have no fruit-fear, but I do try to limit intake since I'm trying to stay low-carb!

But also, every now and then, I just say screw it and go to Starbucks. Not often! But when I do, it's always a salted caramel mocha or a pumpkin latte.

Bacon of uncertain provenance - the bacon that I can get locally sourced and pasture raised is really expensive, so I buy the best I can get at whole foods and cross my fingers.

camel is offline Senior Member
    Today it was a tablespoon of conventional mayo.
    Some days it's a dab of natural peanut butter, or a little icecream, or 90% dark chocolate.
    Most weekends I eat a meal or two off plan- socially, say a glass of wine and dinner prepared by a friend (non primal).

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    doughnuts
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

tomatokitten is offline Junior Member
    Red wine (more than what is acceptable lol) and sundried tomatoes. Not in olive oil. Oh and every 2 weeks or so - popcorn Ohhhhh covered in salt :-)

greenmountaingrok is offline Junior Member
    Canadian Whiskey, Sunflower seeds (Shell on type), is Flavored Seltzer Non primal, if so then yep I am guilty

MeatSleepRepeat is offline Senior Member

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Nachos.

Well, usually. This weekend we made a batch at home (grass-fed beef, Irish cheese, greek yogurt instead of sour cream..), and I ate some of them, but they just didn't taste 'good'... I think I'm losing the taste for them.

And, I'm still badly bloated from them. PUFAs get me down...

Spiralicious is offline Senior Member
    For me it changes week to week. Red wine makes frequent comebacks, too much dairy is pretty much always true. Chicken is always CAFO, unfortunately. (I'd rather eat beef anyways.. and the beef I get is so effing good). Also, cornstarch. I just like my gravies and sauces thick. I suppose I should find some arrowroot.

For some reason, lately it's been tortilla chips. They aren't even that good, I don't understand it. Also, potatoes. I try not to eat them, but holy cow, I love them. Thank god for cauliflower.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast