Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What "death" foods are in your 20%? page 4

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Mug cakes are the bomb. Must try pumpkin! Was thinking of making a sweet potato mug cake.

As for me, my "death" foods include regular non-grassfed beef, non-pastured chicken and pork and not-so-dark chocolate now and then.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Catrin is offline Senior Member
    Good craft beer (limited to no more than 1-2 a week), dark chocolate (2 little squares a few days a week), and I do get non-pastured chicken when the budget forces me to do so. Outside of that, I feel so good eating this way that I am not even tempted.

I've been experimenting with the mug "muffins" and do enjoy them though they aren't really "cheating". Just pureed banana or pumpkin, an egg and nut butter and microwave for 2 minutes. Amazing how good they are! I have this once or twice a week, occasionally I will add a bit of unsweetened cocoa to the banana version. I found this here on the forum, can't remember who posted it but it is so simple but makes a nice treat!

Rags is offline Junior Member
    Heavy cream, aged cheese, and popcorn. Oh do I love popcorn popped in coconut oil with melted butter. I probably have that once to twice a week. Maybe once in a while a good croissant.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    1/2 gallon milk a day is the worst i do I think
    Billie trips balls

springdragon2727 is offline Junior Member
    Maybe I'm doing it wrong, lol. Feels like my 80% is all of y'all's 20%! The only concrete stuff I'm doing is I have had no grains/legumes. Meat s still Costco,I buy "better" cheese, although I do like the raw stuff (the price tag, not so much). Feels like nice I cut out the grains/legumes, I'm overeating on the other stuff....including bars and bars of dark chocolate. I am trying to determine if I feel "better" , but it's only my 3rd week. Just seeing if m performance gets better with CF....

BearsBeetsBG is offline Junior Member
    Desserts. Birthday cakes. Chocolate.

My only issue is that sugar gives me a headache now. I know that's not *really* a bad thing... but when I want to share in the birthday cake and end up feeling like crap - it's a bummer. I didn't want to have to try faux-primal baked goods. Oh well. Perhaps I will give a few a try when I feel the need for a sweet indulgence.

I'm not much of a drinker, but occasionally a margarita is part of my 20%.

And there probably will be a peppermint white mocha in my future.
    ~Jen~

OSW (1/6/12) - 230
    PSW (9/10/12) - 224
    CW (12/5/12) - 208
    GW - 160

[QUOTE=BearsBeetsBG;1003778]Desserts. Birthday cakes. Chocolate.

My only issue is that sugar gives me a headache now. I know that's not *really* a bad thing... but when I want to share in the birthday cake and end up feeling like crap - it's a bummer. I didn't want to have to try faux-primal baked goods. Oh well. Perhaps I will give a few a try when I feel the need for a sweet indulgence.

I'm not much of a drinker, but occasionally a margarita is part of my 20%.

And there probably will be a peppermint white mocha in my future.[/

When I first started eating clean (not primal), I had to permanently eradicate those horrible birthday cakes from like Walmart out...that fake frosting with the dyes would have me running to the restroom within 30 minutes, lol!

BearsBeetsBG is offline Junior Member
    Yeah - fortunately (or maybe unfortunately?) I'm the family baker - so I make the cakes. I know what's in them, and it's just plain ol' wheat and sugar for the "Scary stuff". No dyes. My last one even had frosting made with grass-fed butter.
    ~Jen~

OSW (1/6/12) - 230
    PSW (9/10/12) - 224
    CW (12/5/12) - 208
    GW - 160

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Unfortunately for me, the primal baked goods are a little too good and I go right back to overeating. Mug cakes are single serving though, but the calories can get up there. Need to get back in the habit of a fruit only dessert.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

I'm having the same issue: yeah, I can give up grains/legumes, but damn, I can eat a lot, lol! I work out pretty hard (I think) but I also eat a lot, and hopefully gaining muscle!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast