Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What "death" foods are in your 20%? page 3

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Lots of people are mentioning scotch. That's not all that bad. It's low carb and it doesn't raise sugar levels. There are actually a tonne of benefits to non mixed alcohol. Only bad thing really is that it burns before anything else (carbs ect..)

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Peanut butter chips. White or milk chocolate. Peanut butter. Most things I can resist but those.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

simpstr is offline Senior Member
    Breve Misto's with 2 pumps of white mocha!!!! I had a steak and cheese on Saturday that I'm still paying for this morning. Funny how your body will tell you when you're eating like crap. I had chinese on Friday night. If I go to happy hour, I"ll more than likely have wings or a slice or two of pizza. If I watch football on Sundays, same thing. During the week, not that bad at all, just weekends. I had a few graham crackers last night but they are all gone now.

I'm weaning off the Misto's and trying to have coffee 3 times a week instead of 6!
    Health is Wealth!

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I feel like a lot of death foods make me feel like death. Sugar and wheat are both hard for me now to be in my 20%. They are like my 2%.
    However, I've recently been playing with primal sweets...pumpkin mug cake with coconut whip...

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    I feel so guilty after eating junk that cheating isn't fun for me... so my 20% is pretty tame. I try to avoid dairy, but occasionally give in to full-fat yogurt or heavy cream, and a glass or two of wine maybe once a week.

Nivanthe is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    However, I've recently been playing with primal sweets...pumpkin mug cake with coconut whip...
    I keep wanting to try those mug cakes.

My frequent "death food" is... popcorn. With ghee and sea salt. I'm trying to limit it to just the weekends, especially since I'm congested in the morning from it But it's sooo good!

simpstr is offline Senior Member
    I had 3 of those really little cupcakes and a piece of a tart for a birthday party at work, a few candy corns, bread about two weeks ago and my blood sugar went crazy. It's almost back to normal and I've noticed congestion and no energy at all. I've lost some gains in the gym which I'm sure I will get back if I increase my days at the gym. It seems the older I get the less I can tolerate sweets and carbs. : (
    Health is Wealth!

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Brownies, brownies and more brownies! But I HAVE TO eat them with lots and lots of butter spread extremely thick on the top. I do the same with chocolate cake. I've eaten it that way since I was a kid .

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I drink clear spirits, but I'm not convinced they're not primal. However, if I drink enough that it impairs my discipline, there's a corner store half a block away that sells single serving brownies or cheesecake, and I might get one of those. I've come up with a solution: don't drink on an empty stomach, and don't drink more than a half hour before the corner store closes. This way if I get the yen for a sweet, the easy place to get it is closed, so I won't buy it.

I find that if it's not in the house, I'm less prone to having a "20."

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    Beer. Beer. Beer. Beer.
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast