Thread: First day of paleo, how am I doing?

Threaded View

First day of paleo, how am I doing?

Hi, my name is Jose and I just started doing paleo today, I've been reading a lot during the past few days and I have to say I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the information that's out there! I've been putting it off for weeks because I didn't know where to start, so today I decided to just go at it with the most basic meals I know I can have and develop it from there.

Anyway, a little info about me, I currently weigh 236lbs and I am 5'9", need to loose about 60lbs or so.

My biggest challenge regarding paleo will definitely be eating veggies and fruit, which I rarely do and so far don't like most of them unless they are "disguised" in sauce or something.

As far as physical activity goes, I started doing crossfit over a month ago, 2 times a week and now I've switched to three times, I also walk one or two miles most days to move around the city (yay europe!).

Anyways, wanted to show you guys today what I ate and see if it's ok for paleo (as well as quantity/quality wise), these would be staple meals for me, I'd probably have them more than 7 times a week.

Breakfast:
    4 strips of bacon (thin, regular oscar mayer bacon), 3 eggs. Ill probably have eggs in some shape or form every day for breakfast for the next few weeks, until I find alternatives.

Lunch:
    a whole bunch of grilled green peppers and a grilled 300gr steak, not sure what the cut is called in the US, according to google the closest would be round (a picture is worth a thousand words so here you go). I'm affraid this cut has too much fat, although I don't eat most of the fat but I have no problems with it, if it's relatively thin and crispy I actually like it and that's the part I eat.

Can't embed picture, don't know why, here's a link:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...112160940.jpg/

Dinner
    Not sure if Ill have any, I'm not really hungry (I have the flu, great day to start paleo huh?), If I do it will probably be a 300gr tenderloin with grilled peppers, onions and mushrooms.

I know that I need more veggies, but I just don't know where to begin, it's so weird having to buy and prepare something that I have avoided most of my life, but Ill start experimenting tommorow.

My main proteins would be red meat, pork, eggs, bacon, Ill try to incorporate some chicken and fish in there, but that will take some time, I don't like them much without simple carbs.

My main doubt has to do with how fatty the meat cuts can be, from what I've been reading, it doesn't seem to matter, is this right?

Well, sorry about this very long first post!

Jose
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jaczor; 11-12-2012 at 01:05 PM.