Thread: Intro page

Earthy Mama is offline Senior Member

Intro

Primal Fuel
    Hi, I posted in the obligatory thread already.

Keep falling off the bandwagon when the kids don't want to eat this way (6 and 3). It's real hard for me to change their diet, they are so stubborn! Hubby doesn't mind changing but all the cooking ideas are left up to me and if I get bored we revert back to the old way of eating. My own fault, I know, so I'm here to help keep myself on track. I love this diet/way of life, it gives me energy and I just feel "clean" all round in my life and I CAN stand to lose about 20-30lbs. Main goal is to just get healthy!

Also, I want my kids to grow up feeling that this way of eating is normal so they don't get stuck in the SAD diets all their life!

Glad to be here

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Welcome earthy mama. There is no need to be bored cooking this way, just be sure you only buy the primal ingredients then the food you produce for your family will have to be primal.

You are fortunate to have hubby on board, so I suggest you don't give the kids any choice. My sole concession to my dd (who is 12) is rice cereal for breakfast. That in no way tempts me either, so it doesn't cause me to stray or do her too much harm. Your children are young, they cannot just go out and source other food so they will have to eat what's in the house.

Check out my journal if you like, there are lots of yummy but very easy ideas in it.

Thank you Annie!

Cha
    Cha is offline Junior Member
    I just put my kids on the primal way of eating. They are resisting. My four year old LOVES his cereal. However, I know this is for their health. Even at 5,4, and 3, they understand talks about healthy vs. unhealthy food. It still is a challenge sometimes. Good luck.

JenniRose is offline Junior Member
    For sure you'll find some fantastic recipes here on Mark's site your kids won't be able to resists

All the best,

Jenni

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, I did try a paleo meatloaf recipe that everyone devoured. It's the vegetables they aren't big fans of. Slow progress.... LOL