Thread: Surviving an All Nighter page

KotikBegemotik is offline Senior Member

Surviving an All Nighter

Shop Now
    Yes, we all know that we should be getting our 7-9 hrs a night. However, sometimes that just doesn't happen.

Anyone have any coping strategies for the morning after?
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."-Winston Churchill

"Keep Calm and Carry On"-British Wartime Poster

"Don't Panic"
    -H2G2

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Get heaps of water in !!!!! with maybe a little bit of magnesium and some potassium. Works for me !!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Coffee and more coffee. And a few cookies. That was my college strategy, at least. Wouldn't work now for primal.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    The day after never seems too bad, for some reason, but the second day after I'm completely useless, regardless of how much sleep I eventually got.

Coffee, standing up, regular exercise breaks for blood flow, and an acceptance that your brain will not be at full potential.

Lack of sleep is used as a stressor for military trainees around the world, and people can't think clearly when they are overly fatigued. The way someone acts when they are really really tired is a good indicator of their training level and innate judgement- they do the right thing (or not) when they can't think clearly enough to decide what the right thing is.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Coffee, Bawls, eggs, and fat.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Avoid further stress as best you can. "Coast" through the day, without wasting energy.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i guess it depends what you were doing all the previous night. i tend to just have coffee, a hot shower, go for a long walk and then try not to overdo it till i can get all the kids to bed and have an early night.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KotikBegemotik View Post
    Yes, we all know that we should be getting our 7-9 hrs a night. However, sometimes that just doesn't happen.

Anyone have any coping strategies for the morning after?
    Low expectations.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Fresh air, water!, light food choices, and distractions until you can get into bed early the following night. If the all-nighter was worth it, that naturally keeps the mood up.

Consider it an exercise - like some kind of hormetic stressor thing I read about here and there on the MDA.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Consider it an exercise - like some kind of hormetic stressor thing I read about here and there on the MDA
    good point. i reckon it is always good to challenge your system every now and then.