Thread: Stevia and Luo Han Guo page

billman89 is offline Member

Primal Fuel

Hey guys, I've been primal and visiting the site since May. Got the book and read it in a day and I've been visiting the forums alot so I figured I should join.

What's everyone's take on stevia and luo han guo sweeteners? I try to minimize my intake of them but their both in my whey protein power and I had a little extra of the two when I make Sludge (whey protein, pure cacao power, almond butter, water, mixed and frozen till ice cream consistency...pure primal heaven if your okay with sweeteners).

Other than that, sometimes I'll have a Zevia, the new soda with stevia but other than that I don't consume it in excess.

I want to move away from it eventually and find a better way to make Sludge without it, cause I heard that stevia still might trick the body into producing insulin and I really don't want to *need* these things you know?

so yeah, whats everyones take?

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I like stevia and I use it a lot actually. I like the liquid stevia. When I need a grainy sweetener I use Z-Sweet (Erythritol.) I have a stevia plant and it's surprising how sweet the leaves really are.

I've tried the Zevia. It's not bad. I'm not a soda drinker but at parties it's nice to have a treat when everybody else is drinking beer.

I've never heard about the stevia/insulin thing. Would be interesting to find out.