Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would like to stop taking Zantac

Shop Now
    Apple Cider Vinegar!

Get the raw kind from Braggs. Seriously, this stuff is like a cure-all for all sorts of stomach issues but particularly heartburn and indigestion. This stuff saved my butt when I was pregnant, and I strangely craved the taste of ACV in water at that time, ha!

1 tbsp in water, a little honey if you like.
    Happy Wifey and NEW MOM!
    Pre-preg weight: 130
    Current: 145 (eek!)
    Goal: ??? <-- whatever it takes to get rid of this tire!
    Started Primal in May '12.
    My Blog
    Join the Revolution!

I too used to eat zantac like candy through the day just to keep the horrible heartburn to a manageable level. I'm talking 2 tablets at a time 3 or 4 times a day. BUT, within a few days of going Primal, the heartburn completely stopped. I believe (for me) it is the wheat that causes it. If I eat something with very much wheat in it these days, I still get heartburn (wheat and sugar together kill me!). But as cavebabymama says, Braggs ACV in some water stops it in it's tracks. I just stay away from wheat now though as it's just not worth it to me.

I wish you luck as I know how miserable this can be!

Quote Originally Posted by cavebabymama View Post
    Apple Cider Vinegar!

Get the raw kind from Braggs. Seriously, this stuff is like a cure-all for all sorts of stomach issues but particularly heartburn and indigestion. This stuff saved my butt when I was pregnant, and I strangely craved the taste of ACV in water at that time, ha!

1 tbsp in water, a little honey if you like.
    The apple cider vinegar really does work. I just half fill a shot glass with it, top it off with tap water and down it. The heartburn goes away pretty much immediately.

Ok, so I tried to not take the Zantac this morning. I ate my breakfast around 10 and by 11 I had to take a Zantac.

I was bloated, burping and could hardly get through my workout because my food kept coming back up on me. I am going to get the apple cider vinegar and do that before eating tomorrow. I have high hopes!!!

Shop Now
    I bought some Braggs last night!!! Totally excited and hoping it works for me today! Fingers crossed!