Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would like to stop taking Zantac page 2

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Apple Cider Vinegar!

Get the raw kind from Braggs. Seriously, this stuff is like a cure-all for all sorts of stomach issues but particularly heartburn and indigestion. This stuff saved my butt when I was pregnant, and I strangely craved the taste of ACV in water at that time, ha!

1 tbsp in water, a little honey if you like.
    Happy Wifey and NEW MOM!
    Pre-preg weight: 130
    Current: 145 (eek!)
    Goal: ??? <-- whatever it takes to get rid of this tire!
    Started Primal in May '12.
    My Blog
    Join the Revolution!

Navajo is offline Member
    I too used to eat zantac like candy through the day just to keep the horrible heartburn to a manageable level. I'm talking 2 tablets at a time 3 or 4 times a day. BUT, within a few days of going Primal, the heartburn completely stopped. I believe (for me) it is the wheat that causes it. If I eat something with very much wheat in it these days, I still get heartburn (wheat and sugar together kill me!). But as cavebabymama says, Braggs ACV in some water stops it in it's tracks. I just stay away from wheat now though as it's just not worth it to me.

I wish you luck as I know how miserable this can be!

specsAreGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cavebabymama View Post
    Apple Cider Vinegar!

Get the raw kind from Braggs. Seriously, this stuff is like a cure-all for all sorts of stomach issues but particularly heartburn and indigestion. This stuff saved my butt when I was pregnant, and I strangely craved the taste of ACV in water at that time, ha!

1 tbsp in water, a little honey if you like.
    The apple cider vinegar really does work. I just half fill a shot glass with it, top it off with tap water and down it. The heartburn goes away pretty much immediately.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Ok, so I tried to not take the Zantac this morning. I ate my breakfast around 10 and by 11 I had to take a Zantac.

I was bloated, burping and could hardly get through my workout because my food kept coming back up on me. I am going to get the apple cider vinegar and do that before eating tomorrow. I have high hopes!!!

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    I bought some Braggs last night!!! Totally excited and hoping it works for me today! Fingers crossed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12