Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Kymma, Kisses are my only sugar - Journal page 9

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Yum, stir fry! I am going to make a shrimp stir fry this weekend. Sabine, you are full of good food ideas.

I think I really just don't want veggies much. I have a veggie with lunch and dinner, like last night was flank steak with sauteed spinach. For lunch I had 1/2 a can of green beans and chicken breast. I work for a whole food nutrition company and know all the benefits of fruits and veggies, and eat a ton, but with going so low carb, I just don't eat them like I used to. I used to be the fattest healthy eater you met. When this insulin resistance is healed, I look forward to eating occasional sushi and lots more veggies. Until then, I think the supplement I take will provide what I need in terms of nutrients.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I find roasting veggies to be a good way to knock down 3-4 cups at dinner. They are just so darn yummy its impossible to stop eating them until the plate is empty!

woot woot on the new number! You go girl!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

So, I want to record all my "slips" as well as my success since November 1 for record keeping sake. I am making it different color in case I never want to find it in the future.

Slips:
    Vanilla extract a time or 2, less than a tsp
    some dark chocolate 3-5 times, 3-4 squares each time, 70% and 82%
    Thanksgiving weekend, au gratin potatoes, 1.5 glass of red wine and .5 glass of prosecco
    blue cheese dressing
    a dip in A1 on a bite of steak
    Work Christmas Party, 2 glasses red wine
    Successes:
    I have been on plan since 11/1, which is 43 days, and has NEVER happened before.
    I have only eaten over 50g carbs on 5 occasions (max of 73 g once) and have mostly been under 30g, a few times in the 30-40g range, and sometimes under 10g.
    I am not hungry and don't battle too many intense cravings (except for chocolate).
    I have lost 10 pounds.
    I feel better, skin is better, energy is better, I know that I am healing.

I have been struggling a bit this week, had dark chocolate 3 nights in a row, so I made some coconut oil chocolates with stevia and got some jello to have with cream. While I know these things are processed and not great, for the insulin resistance issue and staying off sugar, it is important for me do what it takes to stay away from it. I am allowing myself some vodka clubs this month as well. I have noticed that now that I don't eat a bunch of carbs, that alcohol doesn't lead to food, because I don't feel hungry, and therefore my guard doesn't get tested.

I am really hopeful I will meet my first goal by Dec. 31. If not, it won't change anything bc I am in it to win it.

Play practice is starting to get fun. I am really looking forward to the show. First one in over a decade. It is set in 1959 Memphis and will be up during the MLK holiday as part of the Memphis Artist's Remembering King. Exciting stuff. I had that first tinge of genuine feeling for my cast members which always helps to get the relationship and characterization needed. I think this will be like riding a bike, I'll be shaky at doing the work of my acting craft, but it will come back quickly.

I have been accepted to a leadership program for emerging leaders in Memphis and start in April. So much to look forward to in 2013. I love it!

So glad I get to sleep in this weekend, boy do I need it, I've stayed up to midnight every night this week and I am whooped.

Hope everyone had a great week!

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Kymma.......... you count dark chocolate and wine as "slips" ????? Boy - are the rest of us in trouble if we are supposed to be calling those slips!!! Girl, you're bar is set terribly high!!!

You're doing great and should be very very proud of yourself! I can see you getting to your goals very quickly with this type of track record - shows true dedication!

*high fives*
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Lots of good and interesting things happening in your life! I've found the same thing with wine - it doesn't make me hungry the way it used to. And I can easily drink a small amount, 4 oz. or so, and that's it. Never used to be able to stop!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Vanilla extract is a slip? why?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Wow, You are doing some awesome work. I didn't realize that you were an actress too. The theatre has so enhanced my life. I am taking a rest for the winter. Good luck with the play.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    p.s. I add a T of unsweetened cocoa powder to my morning smoothie/shake it really helps with the chocolate cravings. Also, Republic of tea has a Double Dark Chocolate Mate (it has caffeine) and a Red Velvet tea (this has no caffeine) which are wonderful. Add a splash of HWC and a few drops of stevia and YUM, craving killed.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Kymma.......... you count dark chocolate and wine as "slips" ????? Boy - are the rest of us in trouble if we are supposed to be calling those slips!!! Girl, you're bar is set terribly high!!!

You're doing great and should be very very proud of yourself! I can see you getting to your goals very quickly with this type of track record - shows true dedication!

*high fives*
    Thanks for the encouragement. The only reason I consider them a slip is I am trying to stay away from sugar to heal the insulin resistance as quick as possible. Once I have that under control, I would like to add in a piece or 2 of dark chocolate a day and red wine on occasion. I am hopeful this will take 6 months but with my current weight loss, I am thinking it will be more like a year. Maybe I can find the sweet spot and start losing 1-3 lbs a week. I am working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Lots of good and interesting things happening in your life! I've found the same thing with wine - it doesn't make me hungry the way it used to. And I can easily drink a small amount, 4 oz. or so, and that's it. Never used to be able to stop!
    I also find that vodka and soda with or w/o a squeeze of lime tastes delicious to me now. And I get a buzz off just a few, cheap date 4tw!

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Vanilla extract is a slip? why?
    Sugar, it is minute, but I count it. See I am facing the truth about sugar bc I have an addiction, so like any addict I downplay it. I don't have that MUCH sugar. So now I have to be completely honest to help remind myself. I had gotten to the point that I was eating candy 3-4 nights a week, like 4 reese's pbcups, and a bag a peanut M&Ms with a coke. But I was in denial, these were just treats I sometimes had. Total bullshit on my part.

This weekend I got into some sugar. I had no sugar added strawberry frozen yogurt with coconut flakes on Friday and I had 1/4 cup of reese's pieces and one reese's pbcup on Sunday. None of which was all that satisfying. So I am back on no sugar with a vengeance. It would be so easy for me to relapse on sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Wow, You are doing some awesome work. I didn't realize that you were an actress too. The theatre has so enhanced my life. I am taking a rest for the winter. Good luck with the play.
    I almost said that I wasn't an actress anymore, that I had been in my youth. I ewven studied in NYC and lived there for 4 years, but I had left it all behind until now. It will be interesting to see if I continue on with more productions or directing or not. I'm letting it unfold as it will.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    p.s. I add a T of unsweetened cocoa powder to my morning smoothie/shake it really helps with the chocolate cravings. Also, Republic of tea has a Double Dark Chocolate Mate (it has caffeine) and a Red Velvet tea (this has no caffeine) which are wonderful. Add a splash of HWC and a few drops of stevia and YUM, craving killed.
    These teas sound great. What all do you put in your shakes?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Played with sugar this weekend, and got a little burnt by the scale this morning. Back on the straight and narrow. Going to play with macros this week see if I can start losing a little something every week. Too much up and down going on.

Macros per demuralists way to calculate:

HSIS weight = 160 (72.5 kilos)

+/- 10% 65-79g protein
    / by 2 36.25g max carbs
    *2 145g fat
    1700-1750 calories a day

Let the tweak begin!

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast