Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Kymma, Kisses are my only sugar - Journal page 7

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks demuralist!

I actually know exactly what is happening and have a game plan. I quit cold turkey and I can do this damn thing again. It is actually how I have been coping with some things, or procrastinating on coping.

I am cleaning and organizing the house this weekend bc I have a ton of stuff coming up for the next few weeks and need to relieve any potential anxiety by being prepared. I also have taken off the entire week of Christmas and I need all the cleaning done, bc all I am doing is reading books and doing crafts and maybe doing small organization projects, but NO CLEANING, so it has to be done and kept up with so I can do what I want without guilt. That is the first part of the plan.

I plan to smoke my last cigarette on December 8th. I have a dinner and intention night out with a women's group I am part of. We are having dinner and then going to the river to release our intentions for 2013. I am thinking of creating a little origami ship and smoking a cigarette, really enjoying everything about it. Then smoke a 2nd one, really noticing all the bad about it. Then lighting a cigarette and releasing it down the river, a funeral pyre is you will. It is not part of my intentions for 2013 so I will let it go.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Hi Kymma - chiming in to say thank you for the "detox" bath recipe! It felt really good and I plan to include in my routine as often as possible. I'm thinking once a week is a really good idea!

I think your plan to kick the habit is wonderful! Smoking is a nasty, unhealthy habit! I never started, thankfully. I had a friend in middle school that tried to get me to start, but I couldn't get passed the nasty taste of it - never got to the inhaling part!

My vice - is rum/diet coke - or the occassional long island iced tea. I'm not giving them up -- but planning to severely cut down. If I could only get my husband on board it would be much easier.

Anyway --- best of luck on your journey I'm looking forward to reading you've slayed the smoking dragon!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I'm scrambling up all the MDA folks in my head lately. Thank YOU for the detox bath recipe
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    It has been a few days since I've posted and I am doing great! After the gains of last week, upping fats helped kick that gain into a 5 pound loss, so I have lost a total of 12 pounds in 5 weeks.

Not too shabby, and maybe the increased fat intake will help keep it moving off. If I keep up a pace of 2 pounds a week, I will be all set to meet my first goal.

I found a strength building program that I am comfortable with and will begin next Monday when I return from my last travel days of the year. That should help with fat loss and insulin sensitivity. Why Women Should Lift Heavy Weights + a Beginner Workout - Nia Shanks

I also found a cool key to making this woe more enjoyable. Eating sinful meals! After years of low fat, if I have things that seem sinful in the low fat world, it makes me chipper. An omelet with bacon and cream cheese, coffee with cream and butter, that sort of stuff just makes me feel way more devilish than any damn sugary treats which just induce guilt. And apparently it works, since it led to weight loss.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Better Weight Loss Through Sinning.

Sounds like the book to buy!

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Better Weight Loss Through Sinning.

Sounds like the book to buy!
    I think I know what should be in the exercise section, but should wild bedroom antics or nude dancing in the street come first?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Heeheehee. How to choose?!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Neither. A dinner of sinful and beloved "aphrodisiacs," with a complete menu, recipes, and hints on what not to wear when serving (clothing optional, makes it extra primal.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I'd buy THAT book ^
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    I also found a cool key to making this woe more enjoyable. Eating sinful meals! After years of low fat, if I have things that seem sinful in the low fat world, it makes me chipper. An omelet with bacon and cream cheese, coffee with cream and butter, that sort of stuff just makes me feel way more devilish than any damn sugary treats which just induce guilt. And apparently it works, since it led to weight loss.

Sounds like a great plan to me. Yay for eating sinful foods.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast