Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Kymma, Kisses are my only sugar - Journal page 5

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I do 15 minutes on my elliptical every morning 2 planks (aiming for 1 min) and 2 sets of 12 push ups. Some days that is it. 3x a week, I try to get to the gym for weight training.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Different things work for different people. For me, I had to wait for some energy. Walking is a good way to start moving, since moving slowly is an important part of primal activity Do whatever you feel comfortable with!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Pebbles and NW! I am going to try to go walk today around 3pm, it will be a beautiful 70 degrees and sunny.

I think I will have to wait for some energy to do more than that. It is the one real drag of the VLC. But I am 19 days no sugar and at least 14 days of being under 30 carbs a day (the first week I wasn't tracking, so I am not positive!). I am figuring the carb flu should recede completely soon. And if this is TOM or a bug, that will pass soon too! So I'll be bursting and lifting soon and should wait until I feel up to it.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Hello!

I found I never got over the carb flu, I had to push myself past 50g of carb (it was about 30g net though) before I felt human. I got inspired by Dr. Wahls who effectively cured herself of MS by (among other things) eating 9 different veggies a day. So that is one of my food goals.

Good luck, I will be following along your journey!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Turkey day is going great. I did have au gratin potatoes, maybe a 1/2 cup, all full fat dairy used, only the potatoes are a no-no. I also had 1/2 cup of broccoli salad that had been mixed with ranch, maybe a touch of sugar in that, but there wasn't much dressing in it at all.

Headed to round 2 and I have lo carb dressing for that meal and I'm full. I will probably eat 50 carbs today. But in comparison, how far I have come! Wow!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hurray for you K!
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Kym, hope you had a fun day!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Happy Holiday Hangover Monday!

I was an hour late to work and I don't care! LOL!

How did the holiday weekend go? Well, it went. I am sad to say it wasn't 100%, but happy to say NO SUGAR!!! NO DESSERT! I did really well, I just ate too many carbs, but they were all veggies, so not bad, all in all.

Thanksgiving Day 72/61 net carbs
    Friday 56/45 net carbs
    Saturday 56/44 net carbs
    Sunday 14/3 net carbs

If I think back on other holidays, well, this is hilarious, how little I ate in comparison. So in the long view it is a win. However, it led to a gain, back up to 237, net loss of 7 lbs since 11/1. I have 32 days to lose 12 lbs, so I am going to have to get real strict. Especially since Christmas falls in there too.

Removing all dairy, cranking up protein in the morning, stevia in coffee only, 3 solids, no snacks. Today is grocery day and tomorrow is back on the exercise wheel. All meals will consist of protein and either a steamed, roasted, or sauteed vegetable.

I am also going to start lifting heavy things as well as walking and moving and yoga. It is just time to get busy, I have rested long enough! I want to use this cold season as a melt away season!

EMOTIONAL! And I can't pinpoint why this is happening exactly. I had a short, light TOM last week, so I would have thought I would be somewhat balanced hormonally. So it must be something emotional and I am excavating to try to dig it out. Sigh, I am so tired of digging and excavating the emotional savings of my past. They always say you get the same lesson until you learn it. Apparently, I am a piss poor learner.

The weight issue has me down. I am so ready to pull the fat off of my body. I gained over Thanksgiving from eating under 75 carbs a day, no sugar. It has me mad and determined. But it also makes me sad. No matter what I have done in the last year, it has failed. I will find the answer, it just frustrates me. My old boss took off 75 lbs doing hcg shots. Now I am the fattest in the department under 45. I can't do the shots bc 1. I don't think it is a good idea for many reasons. 2. I had a precancerous mass and they don't recommend it for people with cancer. It just makes it hard when you are doing it the whole food way and you aren't really getting anywhere. It seems that my weight always wants to go right back to 237. I will win, it just gets me down that this battle is apparently going to be a full 5-7 years and I've only done 4 years so far. May this one be more successful than the last.

The crux of the issue is my job/career. It has me blue. I am one of those driven, ambitious, overachiever types. I had to for sanity leave a high paying job and then the economy imploded and I took a much lower paying job. I have excelled, but there hasn't been much return on my investment for me. I have held 3 positions, and only received one performance raise that was piddling at best after all the empty promises were made that if I did a good job I would be rewarded.

I have gotten certifications, gotten involved on boards, done intention setting workshops, embraced my feminine power, dug, found, researched, thought, etc. about my purpose, my career, my life. I was on the hunt for a new position big time during the summer. In college, I was the callback queen. Every audition weekend, I was there until the final cut, always came down to me and one other, and the other person always got it. That is my current experience. They love me, but the role just isn't right for me, but they will keep me in mind for future positions. So I decided to take a break from looking.

During that time, I came up with a plan that might allow me to stay with this company and do something I would really like. I sat down to discuss the idea, got buy in for it, and that same day got a call from a recruiter. It has swirled all of that anger, bitterness, and that feeling that I am not enough, that the role isn't right for me, for no good reason. I have been submitted, it is a holiday time, no one has gotten back to me to schedule an interview, but it is still early.

Things at my job since I submitted my resume have been somewhat painful and difficult. Things about the company and the men who run it keep coming into my view and making me upset. People are coming out of the wood work complaining and making a stink about non-issues. I am tired of my role, no longer want to push through to make it better. So I sit, fat and discouraged just like I was last year and the year before and the year before.

Things are better yes. This time of year is hard for me almost every year. It is better than last year when I had 2 vein procedures in my legs and a breast mass removed, I was sick, depressed, and scared. This year I am confident, on track with my health, and happy.

It is better, but emotionally, I feel like it isn't. I hope it passes, but I also know it won't. That I am going to have to keep digging and bring whatever it is into the light. I also know that it will dissipate when it gets brought into the light. So I'll keep digging and feeling until I figure it out.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    EMOTIONAL! And I can't pinpoint why this is happening exactly. I had a short, light TOM last week, so I would have thought I would be somewhat balanced hormonally. So it must be something emotional and I am excavating to try to dig it out. Sigh, I am so tired of digging and excavating the emotional savings of my past. They always say you get the same lesson until you learn it. Apparently, I am a piss poor learner.
    I am sure you will figure it out. Sometimes, our brains just get in the way of things. It wasn't until I started taking 5-HTP and going to a (GOOD) therapist that I was able to work past some of my mental junk this year. It is so frustrating to KNOW that things aren't right, but not be able to do anything about it. What you have right now is a game plan, in regards to health. Remember that your body has probably taken a lot of abuse over the years and it will probably take some time for things to normalize. I really hope things turn around for you soon, mentally or physically!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast