Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Kymma, Kisses are my only sugar - Journal page 4

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thankfully, fake sugars really aren't an option for me. They all have an aftertaste of "blech."
    I need to cut real sugar. When I'm actually behaving and staying primal, sugar intake (aside from fruit) isn't an issue. It's when I make exception that the whole house of cards comes crashing down. My sugar intake is still really low compared to CW and SAD, but it could stand to be lower.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    Hi Kymma: Just found your journal and I too will be following you for inspiration and ideas! I'm same stats as you, but 10+ years older and need to get a handle on this health thing before it becomes chronic. You've already inspired me...you're doing so well! Me, I'm reading your journal drinking coffee and eating no-bakes at 8a.m. :/

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Naiad, stevia grows on you I guess. Sugar is my crack, I completely understand addiction after dealing with sugar these last few years. Ridic.

Shelli, I m glad if you are inspired.

I have realized that all the changes I have made slowly in the last year and a half have gotten me to this place. Always make small changes and keep it up. They snowball. I have to remember that. It is a collection of changes over time that take you where you need to go.

Geo, I was a 12/14 in HS too. And I can wear a 14 around 175 prob. And I was more like 139-144 in HS. I kind if think they make sizes bigger than eve then. I know they are bigger from the 80s bc of some old suits I tried on once. But I dream of being a 14 again. I will appreciate it like I didn't last time. I am going to keep pants and when I am having a fat day I will try on the old 20s and hold them out and remember.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Hi Kymma, Just found your journal and read parts of it - really interesting and inspiring! I'm with you on the sugar thing - sugar is my crack and eating primal is the only thing that allows me to control it. I used stevia quite often when I first went primal, but now I rarely do. I guess I've just gotten used to not using any sweetener. Which is really good!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Good Morning, I'm trying for 3 clean no sugar no dairy days before TG. Hope you have a good week.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Pebbles, go for it!

Well, I had a complete break down in intention. I let the thoughts about food win. The thought of not having any TG treats which I have already decided, I am eating turkey and veggies only, and not having any cream in my coffee or cheese on anything, just made me a little loopy for a minute. So then I had to go home and have a bunch of cheese and teas with cream of course! So I am limiting cream to my coffee, not in tea. I also have been having lots of sugar free jello with cream (I know, it is a crutch, and I will end it!). Got to end that, no cream, only jello and a limit of 2 per day. Cheese, I will limit it to one meal a day.

I have 4 days in a row off this week. I am going to actually make a meal plan for next week with no cream, cheese, or stevia. I just need to make it through the holiday and also get some time to focus on what I am doing.

When you use food for the wrong reasons, it is like a moving target. I used to hear that about addicts. That they change addictions, become big coffee drinkers, work out too much, whatever, just change to "healthy" addictions. I hope I am not chasing that bs and can make minor adjustments to get me there. I guess I could do a W30 of no stevia, cheese, or cream. Watch I get addicted to coconut oil out of the jar! LOL

Maybe I need to re-evaluate. I just had a weird experience. I was thinking about the fact that I hadn't lost a pound this last week and how normally that would derail me in some way. And then I was reading about Ruby who lost 100 pounds. Then I was thinking about how why keep eating something I know is not aiding me. So while I may have some cheese and some cream on occasion, I am going to start cutting way back this week. I am also going to make a lo carb dressing I found the recipe to for myself this holiday. So I don't feel left out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelli View Post
    Hi Kymma: Just found your journal and I too will be following you for inspiration and ideas! I'm same stats as you, but 10+ years older and need to get a handle on this health thing before it becomes chronic. You've already inspired me...you're doing so well! Me, I'm reading your journal drinking coffee and eating no-bakes at 8a.m. :/
    It is a struggle and I will admit I don't talk about all the "safe food" "binges" I do, like 2-4 sugar free jellos with a dollop of cream or the 6 coconut oil cocoa stevia candies I eat. Coffee and no bake sounds delicious! I just keep chasing the goal to stay sugar free and not eat more than 30 carbs a day. I figure it is all about the main goals and the rest can be adjusted as I go.

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Hi Kymma, Just found your journal and read parts of it - really interesting and inspiring! I'm with you on the sugar thing - sugar is my crack and eating primal is the only thing that allows me to control it. I used stevia quite often when I first went primal, but now I rarely do. I guess I've just gotten used to not using any sweetener. Which is really good!
    Yes, I am looking forward to getting weened off the sweetners too. However, if it keeps on the straight and narrow with lo carb, no sugar through this holiday season, I am ok with it. Thank you for letting me know it can be adjusted. I did forgo stevia in my coffee this morning, but not the cream!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am feeling some mild aches and fatigue again this morning. But TOM is here, so it could be remnants of carb flu, or just the riggors of the gift of creation and all that comes with it, or I could be fighting a bug. My weight did budge downwards this morning, so I lost a little weight.

I made oopsie rolls last night. Yes, they have cream cheese which is super processed, but I need them for a recipe for Thanksgiving. They are a delight. I have to make another batch bc I ate some and they were pancake like, but I know what I did wrong. And what a nice treat. I had a salami and cheese sandwich for breakfast and I am SICK of eggs every day.

I agreed to meet a girl to discuss her life/career plans, and I wish I hadn't. Lately my nice is a little broke and I want to be by myself or do my own thing most of the time. I guess it is my winter hermit setting in.

Exercise, it's on my mind, I am unmotivated, don't know where to start, and have so little energy to start it. Do I wait for my energy to return? Do I just start back walking 30-45 minutes a day? I want to do burst training, do I start with 3 minutes and work up to 20? I am insecure about doing weights, do I push through? I guess I'll just start walking for now. Maybe that will rev the engine up, increase energy, and then I can add in weights and burst.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast