Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: Kymma, Kisses are my only sugar - Journal page 25

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    He lived, no killing this month! Man, I swear, I feel like I could kill with my bare teeth around my not so monthly. My wright came down per the weekend just from being carb conscious. Today is day 1 of 6 months at 30g carbs. I am enjoying a lazy day off. Going to nap, make some low carb gelatin chocolate pudding, clean my room, and relax.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    My husband rage almost came out at the worst possible moment last night. I hate pms.

Diet has been suffering due to lack of time to do proper grocery shopping and food preparation. Stress is high due to so many projects at work and well, finances, as usual. I am applying for a new job, that has been a weird process, of guilt for potentially leaving and then the determination to follow my own dreams and not just be a work horse helping others achieve theirs. Fertility testing next week, we'll see, it's been a bit of a ride as well, sadness, anger, hope, and who gives a fuck, there are worse things than no kids or adoption.

Hope everyone is well.

canio6 Guest
    Hopefully things become less stressful soon. Try to keep your chin up!

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    ^Agreed.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

It is a great morning! Yes, I realize for a non-morning person to say so is weird, but I am thinking Day 2 of my mean green smoothie is making a difference (plus some serious down time and stress relief!).

First the 'recipe.' Handful of raspberries and spinach, 2.5 tbsp of raw cacao powder, 1 tsp flax seed meal, 1 tsp bee pollen granules, ice, liquid stevia, blend, voila! I feel great, no coffee!

Stress reduction: I went swimming with a joyous friend that teaches me so much about living with joy on Friday evening and Hubs passed his loan officer exam the same evening. He started his new career/lifestyle on Monday, including getting up and doing burstfit dvd every morning, he is just in a great space and so I am. We had a weekend of running errands, enjoying each others company, and I wasn't stacked to the gills with obligations, meetings, trips, etc. It was nice to just enjoy the simple things.

Monday I sent in my resume to the new role and let the bird fly and land as it will. Then my leadership program subgroup interviewed a nonprofit charter school for a possible community action project, and it has lit up my world. I am soooo excited to help and I know that my path is becoming clearer. Even if this job doesn't come to be, I know I will find a purpose and a job in time that is not work, that I get up and love to go to. It is empowering me to enjoy the role I have, and not take it so seriously.

It isn't my last stop, it is a place that has allowed me so much growth and development. I appreciate that opportunity. I will be sad when the day comes, and yet it can't come soon enough. I will continue to bloom where I am planted, while looking for a new pot. I will also learn from the mistakes of leaders I currently work with (sexist statements, non-inclusive, secretive, angry, etc.), read books, and not burn any bridges. That last part was a reminder to myself was after I found out that a female leader was painted as a catty woman for expressing concern over a situation that has come to fruition. This is not my pot, this is just where I sprouted and now I am outgrowing it and will find a new pot soon.

HSG test showed that my Fallopian tubes are open. Barring any thing the radiologist reports to the doc, it looks like the fertility issue is from pcos and insulin resistance. I have designed a protocol for myself from the research I have done:

1. Eat primal/paleo - reduce dairy, not eliminate, eat low carb, but 30g a day is not sustainable for me, some days, sure, other days a little flexibility will help with not going off the reservation and overloading on sugary treats. I also want to purchase grass-fed beef and chicken, to keep outside hormones out of my system. I will depend on small changes, not hard rules and eliminations.

2. Continue metformin, the doc will probably increase dosage from 1000 to 1750, I have experienced weight stabilization and a little weight loss. I expect for this to increase with an increased dosage. She may suggest clomin, but I would like to wait 3 months at increased dosage of metformin before adding more to my body. I would also like to see what weight loss, lifestyle changes, and exercise will do.

3. Supplements - cinnamon, vitex, and stress b, and JP+.

4. Exercise, I am committing to 30 minutes of exercise a day, either walking or burstfit dvd or yoga dvd. Exercise seems to be the most significant treatment for IR.

5. Stress reduction and management. Read books, laugh with friends, do art, float in the pool, enjoy adult beverages, sleep as much as I need, take more time off from work, regardless of what needs to be done. Health is a must.

I am feeling empowered again. Mood swings are common with PCOS, so it helps me relieve it when I know it isn't psychological, but biological.

Onward and upward, have a little fun today!

Glad to hear about all this happiness & forward movement

I'm curious: how long have you been taking the vitex for (or did you just start)? I took it for about 9 months, basically straight, and am recently feeling like it's not doing anything for me anymore. My PMS symptoms are gone (no low moods or cramping except for first day of period) & my sex drive has been good up until this week. I'm a bit stressed so that's probably why. From what I've read, it can take a few months for it to really kick in and some people need to stay on it for a while (about as long as I have been taking it) until everything normalizes. I'm tapering off now and interested to see how things go next month.

NW, I always wonder, is the protocol to answer your question here or in your journal? I have taken it and stopped a few times, but just added in to my protocol this week as part of my pcos plan. I plan to take it for a long while. I may order the sublingual drops at some point, instead of the capsules. We shall see what happens. I have a feeling I'll be working on balancing my horomones for the rest of my life with PCOS. I am planning on listening to this podcast soon on how to balance your horomones naturally. http://www.grassfedgirl.com/podcast-...dr-dan-kalish/

Haha, I am not sure! I tend to answer in the place the question was asked, unless it's very specific to me and then I'll take my response back to my journal (if I'm the one answering). I was curious about your process, so I think it makes sense to keep it all here.

I switched from capsules to liquid form, but wouldn't recommend taking it sublingually. It tastes bad! You're supposed to put it on water. The doseage on the bottle was 2000 mg, much higher than I was taking in capsule form, so I reduced the # of drops (to 20-25 instead of the recommended 57).

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Back again. So strange, at the exact same weight I started this journal at. Weird how life bring you back where you need to be to accomplish your goals. Many things remain the same, but one of the best things has happened to me.

Just had a baby, she's 3 months old now. It is time to live a better life for her to see me doing it. So she has the best chance at a healthy lifestyle I can give her.

I was very healthy prior to the baby, was holding at 220, exercising, and eating low carb. I am off my game, so I am back here for community and support. I am tracking over at My Fitness Pal starting tomorrow.

I had gestational diabetes, controlled it perfectly with food, only gained 25 lbs while pregnant and took it off in 6 weeks. Then in the last 7 weeks I have put 10-12 lbs back on. Now is the time to regroup, take control, and get to my goal weight. Long term goal is to get 60 pounds off by March if possible (40th bday).

For now I am focusing on one small goal at a time. First goal, lose 5 lbs, walk 30 minutes 3 times a week, track all my food, wear Fitbit everyday for tracking steps.

Goals:
    CW: 236
    1st GW: 231
    Walk 3 times a week for 30 minutes
    Carbs 30%/ Fat 50% / Protein 20%

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast