Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Kymma, Kisses are my only sugar - Journal page 23

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    TMI

I got my period for the first time in 4 months. It is the worst, heaviest, most painful thing I have ever had in my life. Man, I miss the pill, 2 days, no trouble periods.

Oh well, hope it calms before Friday! My birthday!

Turned 38 over the weekend. Danced, drank a little too much, headache and sore legs led to feeling old on Saturday, but oh so alive!

Started the metformin yesterday, a little bit of digestive discomfort, but nothing serious. Totally excited about having a little assistance in the healing process. I've done a lot more reading and feel like 4-6 months of this may really help me solve IR and lose some weight. Especially adding in a somewhat strict diet.

I am not tracking right now. I want to eat what I know and not be obsessed and consumed by everything I eat. I am working on unhealthy food obsession by trusting myself to make the right decisions or to move on quickly if I don't.

Life is getting very full right now. Lots of activities and I have to remember to prioritize self care.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Happy Birthday Lady! Glad you had a good time.

Day 4 of Metformin

I am losing. I am back on the straight and narrow, smoothie for breakfast, meat and salad for lunch, meat and veggies for dinner. Also, the 6 pound uptick last week was hormones, so I'll call it 1 pound in 3 days.

Metformin does cause quite a bit of stomach discomfort. It isn't the worst thing though, no worse than carb flu, or overeating misery. And I need a little medical assistance to solve a problem I wasn't' successful with solving naturally. I've learned that natural is great, but takes a lot of time. In some cases, using medical treatment with a proper diet in tandem is the best choice.

I have been exercising the last 2 days as well. I am feeling empowered and hopeful in a way I haven't in a long time.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Does it make a difference to take Metformin with or without a meal?

So glad you are finding solutions right now!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Yes, you definitely want to take it with a meal. I take it at breakfast and lunch. I am only taking 500mg, 250 morn and night, right now. I am supposed to go to 1000 in week 3, but may go to 750 for a week and then add in the 250 the next week. Also eating greek yogurt.

Wow! Metformin rocks so far. I won't claim the full 8.6, because I think 6 of that was definitely water/cycle weight. But I'll claim the 220-217.4, a 2.6 loss and the lowest weight I've seen a long time. I'm eating clean, not 100%, but in the high 90s. No sugar since Sunday, but some added sugar. But if this helps me be less restrictive and happier and less food obsessed, WIN!!!

A wee bit stressed. My schedule is FULL!!!!! Which is great, but challenging, in a first work problem way!

I leave for 8 days and a huge conference in 8 days. Lots to do. I have to figure out what fits, and what I need to buy. I do a training on culinary etiquette and the power of the table for building connections. Then dinner with friend's at my house, maybe going out to do a little dancing (HOUSE YOUR BODY!), Easter lunch with Mom, shopping with Mom for a new outfit for my conference, then M-F work, and I have to practice some self-care during that time too!

Metformin stomach discomfort comes and goes. At night it is worse than in the day, maybe because I'm not busy enough to ignore it. But I am fine with that. I know it will pass and it is practice for being pregnant!

Well, off to do some work before my head implodes from stressing about shit that can be scratched off the list.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Keep cool! You got this! Schedule sounds crazy, but I like having things planned out.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hope all is well. Are you at your conference?

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast