Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Kymma, Kisses are my only sugar - Journal page 12

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Before I got married I always thought it would be great to be married to a pilot, or someone who was out of town a lot. I still think that could work. Plan B is to have a place in the house that is your do not disturb zone. It can be a room or even a corner with a super comfy chair. If the weather is nice I have a hammock under our wood deck, no one ever thinks of it because you can't see it from inside the house, well even from outside unless you walk around the garage. If the weather is bad I have a corner of the basement that is my "studio" again you have to be deliberate to find me there, a bonus is that all my art and craft stuff is there.

My 2BFF's and I always talk about buying a plot of land at the beach and build us each a small cottage. Then in the center have 2 little cottages. One as a common area, and one for a care giver (nurse). This way we could escape the hubbies by going to one of the other houses. this is for retirement by the way.
    I love thinking about these little cottages. What a great idea!

So here is the long and short of it. I went off the reservation during my vacation, by reducing online connection, resting, resting, resting, and enjoying some valuable down time.

I also became lax on the eating guidelines from 12/24 until yesterday. I didn't do terribly, and tbh, I have no regrets or guilt. I think after having been 98% VLC, no sugar, no grains from Nov. 1 - Dec. 24, that one week of less restrictions is ok.

Lessons learned: I like fat better than sweets, sushi, or any other "treat". Many of these things also give me a tummy ache, and that sucks. I do not have guilt and WANT to eat healthy. When I let go of guilt, I am less likely to get caught in the trap of poor eating.

So back to it, I did 54 days the first time. I am shooting for 76 days until my bday, when I will buy an expensive chocolate and maybe a bottle of champagne.

The hubs and I are doing great. We are getting along, working together, and in a good space. He is having his resume rewritten professionally and seems to be really motivated to try different things to find a good job.

The play is going great. I forgot how much I like acting and that I am pretty good at it. We go up on Jan. 19, so the next few weeks are going to be amazing. This is the part of the work that gets good. My character is awesome and I am enjoying getting to know her.

I'll be revisiting journals over the next few days, but hope you all had a lovely holiday.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Kymma -- all good things in your world! So glad to hear about the hubs and the new found motivation! Yeah! I'm sure with your last commitment to eating healthy you won't have any trouble staying on track this time

Good luck with the play - sounds like you are really enjoying the whole experience - may be this will lead to a more stead hobby for you?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    Lessons learned: I like fat better than sweets, sushi, or any other "treat". Many of these things also give me a tummy ache, and that sucks. I do not have guilt and WANT to eat healthy. When I let go of guilt, I am less likely to get caught in the trap of poor eating.

The hubs and I are doing great. We are getting along, working together, and in a good space. He is having his resume rewritten professionally and seems to be really motivated to try different things to find a good job.

I'll be revisiting journals over the next few days, but hope you all had a lovely holiday.
    All good stuff! This past Holiday season had a similar effect for me in releasing guilt. I have no idea how it happened, but I am very pleased!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

I like to think of refocusing as the cycle of the moon, you can't go from full moon (eat whatever you want) to new moon (eat what you want for health) over night, it is a process. So last week was a moving towards that and led to getting prepared to go full throttle this week. I made a quiche for my breakfasts, some oopsie rolls for breading (and added fat) for my boars head hot dogs for lunches, vanilla and chocolate stevia mousses, cooked bacon, and a meal plan for a few days.

I am also full throttle on the play, we open in 12 days!!!! Having food prepped is going to be a huge help. I may have to tell the hubs he is on his own and cook up some bison burgers and put in the freezer for next week. I'll make it work one way or another!

Tomi - I do think this is leading to something new and significant in my life. I have some ideas for directing and writing that came from this, so we'll see how it pans out.

My burst dvd comes today, so I'll post a review later this week. I have read lots of claims that you can lose 20lbs in 30 days. Wouldn't that be awesome! Event though I gained back 5 lbs over the holidays, I still plan to get to onederland by my bday, so 33.8 lbs which may be a huge goal, but I'm shooting for the stars and hoping I at least hit the moon!

Day 1 of total HFLC re commitment stats:
    Mood: Great and hopeful!
    Weight: 233.8

Daily macro goals:
    Protein: 65-79g
    Carbs: 36.25g max
    Fat: 145g fat
    Calories: 1700-1750 calories a day

sounds fun and exciting! New things on the horizon!

You're steadfastness is commendable! thanks for being an encouragement and a good example.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

So apparently me and the hubs had something that didn't agree with our bellies, we've been a little under the weather digestively, lol. I thought it was the magnesium I took! LOL, I can be so clueless about my own body, but that is because I live in my head. So I guess I got a slight detox, but it did make sleep poor last night because of a tummy ache< like being a little kid!

I feel pretty good, if tired today. Didn't hit my macros yesterday, really.

Protein: 84g (65-79g)
    Carbs: 44/25net (36.25g max)
    Fat: 87g (145g fat)
    Calories: 1285 (1700-1750)

I just have to keep moving towards it. Maybe I will get some time to plan some menus that are perfectly balanced, but until then, I'll just keep doing my best.

Food: I have been having tummy issues and ate very little the last couple of days. I hope this is the end of it. It's been a nice purge and I've almost lost all of my holiday weight, which may come back when I begin to eat. I am trying to rehydrate and eat today. I am ready to get back on plan.

New stuff: I attended my first birth last night with my soul sister. It was an amazing experience. It also reaffirmed what is important to me.

Cool!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Still working on getting macros right, I'll get it worked out. I think I'm buying a scale to help with meat measurements. Part of the issue is time because of the play. I eat so late and while exhausted, so planning and executing is less of a science and more of get it done thing at the moment.

Calories 1,883/1750
    Fat 148/145
    Carbs 54/36.5
    Protein 98/79
    Net Carbs 31/36.5

Stomach seems to be somewhat better this morning. Going to try out that Burst DVD this morning around 11am. If I could actually take off 20 lbs in 30 days that would rock, but no matter, I just need to reintroduce movement and exercise into my life. Did I mention that the doc that did the video is hot? lol

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast