Thread: Hey Timothy! What the heck do you do with sledgehammers anyway? page

KestrelSF is offline Senior Member

Hey Timothy! What the heck do you do with sledgehammers anyway?

Shop Now
    OK so you've mentioned that you and the misses work out with a sledgehammer and I'm wondering if you could describe what you do. Or even better yet, make an instructional youtube video!

I've never been a big fan of gyms I'm afraid.

Barefoot Paul is offline Senior Member
    idk what timothy does. But I just find a spot in a field that is mostly dry hard dirt (i dont like killing plants) and then I beat the crap out of the ground as hard as i can with the sledgehammer. Switching arms as i go. I do this until I'm tired. Then I take a bit of a jog around the field. After I've rested up during my jog I do it again.

I also don't like gyms. There are too many people usually. The macho man attitude is just way to strong. Plus they cost money.

I'm interested to see what other ideas people have come up with for sledgehammers.

Good luck!

JohnOTD is offline Member
    @KestrelSF

I've heard of some folks using a big tire (like, 18 wheeler or "monster truck" size tire) and beating the crap outta that with the sledge.
    www.primalfreedom.blogspot.com

If a man has the right to self-ownership, to the control of his life, then in the real world he must also have the right to sustain his life by grappling with and transforming resources; he must be able to own the ground and the resources on which he stands and which he must use. In short, to sustain his human right. - Murray Rothbard

lcme is offline Senior Member
    He does something called "shovelglove". This is the original (and humourous) website: http://www.shovelglove.com/

Essentially it is just a weighted workout doing movements that would be required to get things done in the wild or on a farm. Building a fence, cutting a tree, lifting a heavy log ect. Just natural compound muscle movements.

I haven't tried it myself, but it looks like an awesome exercise.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    shovelglove is awesome!!! makes for a really good workout.
    I grok, therefore I am.