Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal Journal (StoneAgeQueen) page 2

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks I have heard a lot about Dr. Bernstein but never read his book. I may give it a go.
    Type 1 diabetic for 25 years.
    Low carb for 7 years, LC Primal for 2.5 of those.
    Fruit and starch free.
    Total weight loss- 3 stone/42 pounds. Current weight = 121 pounds. Height 5'5
    I take Zymessence systemic enzymes.

I woke up this morning naturally at 7am after a completely peaceful and uninterrupted night's sleep. I had two lamb steaks and a few string beans for brekkie with some herbs and a slab of GF butter. I am completely bursting full of energy after the fast. I can literally feel it coursing through my veins.

I went for a long walk around the city today in the sunshine. I haven't been doing any weight bearing exercise or anything like that but I'm going to start as soon as we move in May. There is also a really nice Forest park close by to our new place. So I'm looking forward to Grokking around there.

Dinner's in the oven right now and I'm having some 100% pork sausages, eggs and veggies with lots of butter.

Does anyone know a non dairy substitute for coconut milk in coffee? I don't like it that much. I'm kind of reluctant to try nut milks too, as I think nuts stall me.

I've lost 5 pounds since last Friday.
    Fruit and starch free.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneAgeQueen View Post
    I woke up this morning naturally at 7am after a completely peaceful and uninterrupted night's sleep. I had two lamb steaks and a few string beans for brekkie with some herbs and a slab of GF butter. I am completely bursting full of energy after the fast. I can literally feel it coursing through my veins.
    I absolutely LOVE this, because I can totally relate. It's like you wake up and feel perfectly Primal, living in your zen. Wonderful! The feeling of a re-feed after a fast is fantastic, isn't it?

Wish I had another suggestion for the coffee. I either go with coconut milk or cream. I did give butter a try last month. Not creamy, but it tasted good! Nuts stall me too.

Congrats on losing 5 lbs. Fantastic!

Thanks Diana! Yeah I still have that wonderful primal energy. And it's Saturday, yay!

I noticed I'd lost another pound when I stepped on the scales this morning.

I'm having my coffee now, just taking it black this morning. I actually really like it black, but for some reason it's seems more comforting when it has something creamy in it.

I'll probably drive somewhere with my husband, Mike, today. Maybe to a beach or something.

My blood sugars are still awesomely perfect. It's just so ridiculously easy to keep them steady on this lifestyle.

I got hungry last night so had some sausages and about 5 garlic cloves roasted in the oven. With some butter of course.

Grok on!
    Fruit and starch free.

Well we didn't go to the beach but we did go shopping. I picked out a nice dress, but when I got home and tried it on it was skin tight in the chest area and baggy everywhere else. I'm hoping TPB is going to reduce these puppies because I can't get dresses to fit properly. Where does Pamela Anderson buy her clothes?

Brekkie was two lamb steaks with herbs and covered in organic grassfed butter.

For lunch I had a small goat's cheese frittatta from M&S which did have a small amount of potato in it, but total carbs was only 5g. I also had a coffee from starbucks with cream and a small amount of sugar free syrup.

When I got home I had a small bag of sugar free marshmallows. Today is definitely a 20% day. I think I have a touch of PMS.

Just had a few black and green olives with some feta.

Dinner will be some sausages and various veggies and butter as well as my five whole roast cloves of garlic.

I've drunk water and herbal teas throughout the day.

Blood sugars mainly good apart from one low after breakfast.

Everyday I take 5 capsules of krill oil @ 500mg each. Too much or too little?

Fiona
    Fruit and starch free.

Hi. Sorry I haven't been updating the last few days, haven't really been feeling the best and am under a bit of stress right now.

I've mostly been eating 100%meat sausages, lamb steaks, cabbage, turnip, a ton of garlic, butter, coconut oil, coleslaw, eggs, bacon and some fish since I last blogged. Blood sugars have been pretty stable apart from one random high (16) one morning. It was probably caused by stress. I've lost a few more pounds. The only day I didn't lose was when I had a large coffee from Starbucks with cream and sugar free syrup.

I'm actually getting a bunch of weird symptoms which I suppose you would call the carb flu. Both my shoulders are sore and slightly frozen (Diabetics are prone to frozen shoulder), my muscles and joints are aching along with a range of other things. I do believe that when you embark on a lifestyle like this, your symptoms will get temporarily worse before they get better. it's interesting that the pains which have got worse are the ones which have bothered me for a while. I like to think that it's my body beginning to heal itself.

Another odd thing that's happened since going Primal is that I am no longer able to lie in in the mornings. I'm up before 8am and feel tired when the sun goes down. I feel like I'm becoming more Grok like each day. I'm starting to crave meat all the time, too.
    Fruit and starch free.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12