Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When Primal goes too far!!!! page 2

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    when i first REALLY started primal, i was so excited

i started buying bigger and more cuts of beef, but it didn't feel *right*, you know?

so one day, i decided i was going to hunt and get some wild meat because it was healthier

i finally bagged a large dog, and began cleaning it on the spot. neighbors started gathering so i decided to show them how to clean and skin a kill

i didn't realize SAD CWs might not get it til kids started screaming

i blame their parents for raising weak willed children
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 341gerbig View Post
    Im new here, but im interested in a topic that I couldn't find after searching for it.

WHEN PRIMAL GOES TO FAR!!!

Stories, theories, and ideas you have heard of people, or even yourself applying the primal lifestyle and taking it to an unrealistic level. On this forum, in the gym, your friends, family and fellow Groks and Groketts.

You got stories, I WANNA HEAR EM!
    Are you after amusing stuff - men wondering whether skirts would be more primal to wear, for example - or serious examples of taking it all too far? Or maybe both?

There have certainly been numerous wacky threads here, if you're looking for a laugh.

However, on the serious side it seems there are people who've become so obsessed by "body image" as a result of becoming interested in the "ancestral health movement" that they've done themselves damage. Here's an example:

Kaleigh from The Paleo Angel and George Bryant on the Dangers of Intermittent Fasting | Fat-Burning Man by Abel James: Real Food, Real Results.

MeatMaker is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    when i first REALLY started primal, i was so excited

i started buying bigger and more cuts of beef, but it didn't feel *right*, you know?

so one day, i decided i was going to hunt and get some wild meat because it was healthier

i finally bagged a large dog, and began cleaning it on the spot. neighbors started gathering so i decided to show them how to clean and skin a kill

i didn't realize SAD CWs might not get it til kids started screaming

i blame their parents for raising weak willed children

Monk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer37208 View Post
    I think going primal is something we should do for ourselves, not over think it, just go with it, and enjoy it. To me, it really is an enjoyable lifestyle (and not a diet) and I've noticed an upswing in many facets of my life after committing to this for just over a year.

But for me, when primal goes wrong is when you (and I did) reach what I call the "paleo evangelist" stage. It's when you get twice as obnoxious as those vegans because what we do is against conventional wisdom. I've seen it happen in friends that have gone primal. Don't go on a crusade. The uninitiated won't believe you unless you tempt them with bacon, then they'll say you're just on Adkins.
    I agree. I think we have warped the definition of "diet" to mean fad, instead of diet as what we normally eat on a daily basis.

Nobody likes a fanatic of any sort, waving their finger in your face telling you, you are on the wrong path.

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    I think the "Grok didn't shower/brush his teeth/comb his hair" threads are going too damn far.

Get your stinky ass in the shower. You do, in fact, STINK.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    For me it's about food trackers and ratios. I've kept a food journal for over five years. It's pen to paper and takes about 10-15 minutes per day to both plan and then write down actual. Then I started reading about macros and moar fat, bingeing on fruit, etc. So I started using one of the online food trackers. It helped a little, but I kind of naturally eat protein heavy and with those proteins comes fat (animals and eggs have fat). And I probably overeat fruits occasionally in summer.

Eventually keeping my food intake on a tracker felt like work, then like a chore. I started to dislike thinking about food. So I stopped the whole online tracking thing. If I know I'm going to eat a big honkin' potato at supper, I limit my plant food in the rest of my day. That's my way of tracking.

So, for me, that was primal gone too far. Grok didn't track. S/he ate what was available and moved around a lot. There weren't any processed foods or added sugar, but I don't need a tracker to avoid those. IOW, we "go caveman," then we analyse every morsel we put in our mouths - it's positively ungrokified.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieScreams View Post
    I think the "Grok didn't shower/brush his teeth/comb his hair" threads are going too damn far.

Get your stinky ass in the shower. You do, in fact, STINK.
    +++++1. Must be tough getting laid........
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    The forum is called "Primal Living in the Modern World"
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    +++++1. Must be tough getting laid........
    I dunno, girls keep telling me they like how I smell more when I don't take a shower, no joke.

I couldn't say the same thing when I was addicted to sugar, tho.

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
    I dunno, girls keep telling me they like how I smell more when I don't take a shower, no joke.

I couldn't say the same thing when I was addicted to sugar, tho.
    I can't say I'm surprised. Some of the most offensively smelling males are the heavy aftershave users and it only gets worse later in the day as it gets more stale and mixes with their BO.

Why wouldn't girls like the smell of a healthy male rather than a cocktail of chemicals sitting over the exudations of improperly broken-down SAD food? Female sweat certainly isn't unpleasant.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast