Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: The Potato Diet....criticisms and metabolic theory page 22

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    high intracranial pressure... i have to be very careful about keeping it under control.

All of the exercise i do has to be broken into smaller workable sections or modified to prevent problems with dizziness and me causing flare-ups/increasing my issues... but I have found ways to work around it as much as possible.
    Last edited by cori93437; 11-21-2012 at 11:26 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Evidently you are clueless. My own struggles with serious neurological illness over the past year plus are all over these forums.
    While I'm not capable of 'great feats of strength' as if I'm some sort of body builder wannabe I have managed to move slowly with frequency, and I do Yoga and body weight exercises, plus some exercises with hand and bar weights, in my home.
    I have not lost muscle at all... I'm not bulging and rippling like Arnold, but I do not want to be either.

I was pointing out that you showed up/piped in only to have a go at someone.
    Crudely at best.
    Then offered no evidence of your own on the topic.
    And your own numbers don't really make for impressive evidence of such great professed knowledge.

I'm actually not competitive at all.
    I believe we should all be happy at the rate we lose... not force our bodies to be what they are not.
    And that losing slowly is much preferred to this stupid crash potato business.
    My point in bringing up my own slow loss was to point out that your numbers don't infer that you have any greater knowledge of metabolism function than others posting here.

The only way to know how much muscle I have gained would be if I had had an appropriate measure taken when I started such as a dunk in a hydrostatic tank or DEXA scan. I did not... so anything I said would be pure speculation(as would anyone's guess). I've lost fat which makes muscle more visible... and I've gained muscle through more movement (walking) and increasing difficulty of body weight exercise and weights.
    Admittedly I do not yet sprint yet as I still have neurological issues which prevents such activity.

Also, you seem excessively negative.
    Have a nice day. I mean that. You should try.
    You're the ignorant neghead. You should try working full time and curing chronic illnesses. I've achieved that through determined application and hard work.

My point was rhetorical ... you clearly lack the empathy to appreciate why anyone would be doing this differently than you. It's not all about you!

As for your pathetic stabs at my scientific understanding ... those are clearly very hypocritical as you show no genuine interest in discussing the science whatsoever. Whereas I do and have the scientific credentials.

Grow up.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I eat potatoes every other day and for some reason feel really good on them. You do have to cook the heck out of them though to get the starch broken down.

Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    You're the ignorant neghead. You should try working full time and curing chronic illnesses. I've achieved that through determined application and hard work.

My point was rhetorical ... you clearly lack the empathy to appreciate why anyone would be doing this differently than you. It's not all about you!

As for your pathetic stabs at my scientific understanding ... those are clearly very hypocritical as you show no genuine interest in discussing the science whatsoever. Whereas I do and have the scientific credentials.

Grow up.

As I have stated many times on this forum I believe that every person has to find their own version of Primal/Paleo that works for them... carb level, protein level, fat level... foods eaten... all of it.
    However I have also stated that I'm against crash diets for obvious reasons, being what they are.
    But still, I believe that people make their own choices and respect that. I've never called anyone names or had a go at the "potato diet' itself other than a short and polite discussion with Otzi at the very beginning.

I have not taken any stabs at your scientific understanding at all. I have simply stated that you were taking stabs at other people (calling names and such) without providing any explanation yourself to further the conversation, which is in fact where I joined this conversation... and the only reason I joined it.

I'm obviously not going to go on the potato diet for good reason... I have a neurological issue which would not respond well to that situation.
    But other readers of the thread my have been helped greatly by a straight answer from you in the beginning instead of the snarking. I have no doubt that you have good things to contribute, I have seen evidence of such in other threads, but they often get lost among your negative attacks.

I thought that this forum was about helping. *shrug*

If you think I lack empathy... once again... you're clueless.
    I've lived with chronic illness for 15 years.
    Just over a year ago I was a low as anyone can get. I had a near death emergency experience where I was sternum rubbed multiple times and pissed myself. I had to use a wheelchair for months. I suffered loss of speech ability. I was having partial seizure like episodes daily... couldn't drive for over a year.
    We all do what we need to in order to regain our health.
    There are many paths, and they are all as individual as we are.

I'm not sure why you think that you have achieved your cure of chronic illness through "determined application and hard work" and yet somehow I have not?

Once again I don't understand the negativity.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Kilian is offline Senior Member
    I asked this in one of the other potato threads, but I figured I'd crosspost it here since this one is more science oriented.....

Does anyone know if the super high potassium intake has the same effects as a high sodium intake with regards to dehydration/water balance? Maybe I'm not using enough salt to level out the potassium, because I generally feel very parched and the edges of my lips have even started to crack a bit. Very strange, considering I'm taking in almost 10,000mg of potassium and drinking plenty of water.

As I have stated many times on this forum I believe that every person has to find their own version of Primal/Paleo that works for them... carb level, protein level, fat level... foods eaten... all of it.
    However I have also stated that I'm against crash diets for obvious reasons, being what they are.
    But still, I believe that people make their own choices and respect that. I've never called anyone names or had a go at the "potato diet' itself other than a short and polite discussion with Otzi at the very beginning.

I have not taken any stabs at your scientific understanding at all. I have simply stated that you were taking stabs at other people (calling names and such) without providing any explanation yourself to further the conversation, which is in fact where I joined this conversation... and the only reason I joined it.

I'm obviously not going to go on the potato diet for good reason... I have a neurological issue which would not respond well to that situation.
    But other readers of the thread my have been helped greatly by a straight answer from you in the beginning instead of the snarking. I have no doubt that you have good things to contribute, I have seen evidence of such in other threads, but they often get lost among your negative attacks.

I thought that this forum was about helping. *shrug*

If you think I lack empathy... once again... you're clueless.
    I've lived with chronic illness for 15 years.
    Just over a year ago I was a low as anyone can get. I had a near death emergency experience where I was sternum rubbed multiple times and pissed myself. I had to use a wheelchair for months. I suffered loss of speech ability. I was having partial seizure like episodes daily... couldn't drive for over a year.
    We all do what we need to in order to regain our health.
    There are many paths, and they are all as individual as we are.

I'm not sure why you think that you have achieved your cure of chronic illness through "determined application and hard work" and yet somehow I have not?

Once again I don't understand the negativity.
    You sound so much like a politician on the back-footer, it's hilarious.

I've put a lot of effort into helping others and received thanks for that and for my scientific insight. I've not seen you go out of your way to help others. You seem more bent on posting off-topic self-obsessed tabloidy trivia.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Except when you're sniping and refusing to answer questions I suppose...

All I did above was be honest.

I still don't understand why you are so bent on being negative.
    All the name calling and such...
    And you calling me self obsessed? My post about personal facts was a response to you posting your own personal tangent. I could have added much more. You got the basics without all the drama of exclamation points.
    What I was trying to get across is that we are in the same boat, chronic illness being what it is. Neither is superior to the other.
    It's not backpedaling by any means, just perhaps a recognition you are taking your own personal issues out on others in an inappropriate fashion.
    You seem to harbor a great deal of bitterness.

I really do wish you the best, and hope you find a way to complete your recovery.
    Chronic illness often affects us in ways we don't understand and sometimes don't even realize.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Except when you're sniping and refusing to answer questions I suppose...

All I did above was be honest.

I still don't understand why you are so bent on being negative.
    All the name calling and such...
    And you calling me self obsessed? My post about personal facts was a response to you posting your own personal tangent. I could have added much more. You got the basics without all the drama of exclamation points.
    What I was trying to get across is that we are in the same boat, chronic illness being what it is. Neither is superior to the other.
    It's not backpedaling by any means, just perhaps a recognition you are taking your own personal issues out on others in an inappropriate fashion.
    You seem to harbor a great deal of bitterness.

I really do wish you the best, and hope you find a way to complete your recovery.
    Chronic illness often affects us in ways we don't understand and sometimes don't even realize.
    I forgive your bitchiness on your illness - it must be difficult to see others regain health and enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    I forgive your bitchiness on your illness - it must be difficult to see others regain health and enjoy it.

I don't even know what that means.
    I've told you that I'm recovering (about 90% recovered from one autoimmune disease and 75% from the neurological illness, which is under maintenance)...
    I find joy in all who find recovery as well, and have helped several people decide to transition to this WOE/WOL who had never heard of it because of my own success. Some of those people are local and having success with diminishing their symptoms as well, and we celebrate!

But I don't wish to argue with you anymore...
    It's pointless, and I just kind of feel bad for you.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Feel bad for you too and your denial.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast