Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: The Potato Diet....criticisms and metabolic theory page 21

AlanC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    We're still arguing about potatoes?

Wow....

AC

Kilian is offline Senior Member
    Arguing is healthy. It's the best way to learn.

Today is day 4 of the PPD and my first heavy training session. Doing it fasted with some BCAAs beforehand. Then I'm going to go bonkers on a refeed of sorts since I was never really trying to lose weight, but actually gain it. This experiment was just too good to pass up. I'm eager to see if I can up my numbers today or if ill suffer strength loss like so many are claiming.

maladee is offline Member
    What type of BCAA do you use? can you buy them at any health food store?

Not sure, but I have Amazon Prime so I just order it there with free 2-day shipping. It's called "Scivation Xtend"

I've been using it for fasted training ala leangains for the past few years. Tried some others, but always come back to this one. Best in the biz imo.

Here's a link to the one I usually buy

Cool, but that has nothing to do with the potato diet...

tatertot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilian View Post
    Cool, but that has nothing to do with the potato diet...
    I think englechgc is a spambot, that last post was a copy of a previous post someone else made. I see same person just posted on a whole bunch of other threads in same way...

destructalux is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilian View Post
    Arguing is healthy. It's the best way to learn.

Today is day 4 of the PPD and my first heavy training session. Doing it fasted with some BCAAs beforehand. Then I'm going to go bonkers on a refeed of sorts since I was never really trying to lose weight, but actually gain it. This experiment was just too good to pass up. I'm eager to see if I can up my numbers today or if ill suffer strength loss like so many are claiming.
    Eager to see how you go mate. Sound's like we are in the same boat trying to make size gains

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Serious... me?

Just pointing out obvious inconsistencies.

I have lost the same amount of fat in less time, while dealing with multiple serious illnesses. Long term and newly diagnosed. I don't find your loss especially impressive. I find my own slow, steady, and satisfactory. Emphasis on the slow.
    What obvious inconsistencies? Sounds like a fantasy.

How much muscle have you gained? If you're following PB you should be gaining muscle while losing fat.

I don't rate rapid weight loss in those who are not obese nor chronic calorie restriction. I have this thing called patience and long-term vision.

You're sounding desperately competitive there.
    Last edited by paleo-bunny; 11-21-2012 at 05:09 PM.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    What obvious inconsistencies? Sounds like a fantasy.

How much muscle have you gained? If you're following PB you should be gaining muscle while losing fat.

I don't rate rapid weight loss in those who are not obese or chronic calorie restriction. I have this thing called patience and long-term vision.

You're sounding desperately competitive there.
    Evidently you are clueless. My own struggles with serious neurological illness over the past year plus are all over these forums.
    While I'm not capable of 'great feats of strength' as if I'm some sort of body builder wannabe I have managed to move slowly with frequency, and I do Yoga and body weight exercises, plus some exercises with hand and bar weights, in my home.
    I have not lost muscle at all... I'm not bulging and rippling like Arnold, but I do not want to be either.

I was pointing out that you showed up/piped in only to have a go at someone.
    Crudely at best.
    Then offered no evidence of your own on the topic.
    And your own numbers don't really make for impressive evidence of such great professed knowledge.

I'm actually not competitive at all.
    I believe we should all be happy at the rate we lose... not force our bodies to be what they are not.
    And that losing slowly is much preferred to this stupid crash potato business.
    My point in bringing up my own slow loss was to point out that your numbers don't infer that you have any greater knowledge of metabolism function than others posting here.

The only way to know how much muscle I have gained would be if I had had an appropriate measure taken when I started such as a dunk in a hydrostatic tank or DEXA scan. I did not... so anything I said would be pure speculation(as would anyone's guess). I've lost fat which makes muscle more visible... and I've gained muscle through more movement (walking) and increasing difficulty of body weight exercise and weights.
    Admittedly I do not yet sprint yet as I still have neurological issues which prevents such activity.

Also, you seem excessively negative.
    Have a nice day. I mean that. You should try.
    Last edited by cori93437; 11-21-2012 at 05:30 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Admittedly I do not yet sprint yet as I still have neurological issues which prevents such activity.

Also, you seem excessively negative.
    Have a nice day. I mean that. You should try.
    If you don't mind me asking, what sort of neurological issues don't allow you to sprint? I understand if you would rather not share, and my apologies if this offends you at all.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast