Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High fat snacks?

High fat snacks?

Shop Now
    I am looking for ideas for high fat snacks I can buy when I am away from home. I tried buying coconut milk from the shop and just drinking that but I think coconut and I do not agree. I know there is fruit but I want to keep my fructose consumption down. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Off the top of my head.. nuts, beef jerky, pork rinds.. or you could bring HB eggs with you?

macadamia nuts. Beef jerky is generally very low fat.

Yes, macadamia nuts are awesome. I also have a habit of eating ghee and coconut oil out of the jar...yum. I know you said coconut milk doesn't agree with you but I would recommend trying the oil. Also, really dark chocolate - the bar I have in the fridge at the moment only has 16g of carbs per 100g (and works out at 56 calories, 1.6g of carbs and 5.1g of fat per square).

broth?? CHICKen thigh??ribs??

celery w/ cream cheese/nut butter

heavy cream

Quote Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
    I know there is fruit but I want to keep my fructose consumption down. Does anyone else have any ideas?
    They mentioned fruit which is virtually fat free so I was assuming they wanted ideas on snacks in general

What about an avocado? Or guacamole, though the pre-made stuff in stores typically has some dubious additives.

Depending on how long you are going to be away from home, some things I like:
    Canned fish: e.g mackerel is a pretty fatty fish, the brand I consume has 3grams of omega 3
    Crispy bacon
    Eggs
    Make your own protein bars with the protein powder you like and lots of butter / almond flour / coconut oil / dark chocolate
    Last edited by Kattanga; 04-11-2010 at 01:32 PM.

Lindt... where have you been all my life?

Dark chocolate, I prefer Lindtt brand because it is completely primal. Work your way up. I started with 75% cacao, then went 85% and no regularly eat 90%. Occasionally I will eat 99%.

The 85% has the following nutritional info:

Ingredients:
    Cacao solids: 85% minimum.
    Cocoa mass, cocoa powder, cocoa butter, brown sugar, natural bourbon vanilla beans.
    May contain traces of peanuts, hazelnuts, almonds, milk and soya lecithin.

Nutritional info:

The 90% has the following nutritional info:

Ingredients:

Cacao solids: 90% minimum.
    Cocoa mass, fat-reduced cocoa, cocoa butter, sugar, natural bourbon vanilla bean.

Nutritional info:

The 99% has the following nutritional info:

Ingredients:

Cocoa mass, cocoa powder, cocoa butter, brown sugar.

Nutritional info:

Work your way up, dark chocolate is a very acquired taste. If you start with the 99% you will never eat dark chocolate again. Baby steps...

Cheers,

Learn More
    Thanks for the great ideas. I think I made my post unclear. I was looking for snacks I could duck into a store and buy whilst in town.

I think I will give the dark chocolate a try. If I get some spare time I might even try coating macadamia's in dark chocolate just to see what its like.