Thread: 18% Cream, for Strength! page

goneprimal is offline Member

18% Cream, for Strength!

Shop Now
    I'm getting back into the gym, as it is getting rather dark and wet to mountain bike lately. I'm generally working out 1-2x per week depending on the weather/how much I ride.

I've always liked cream in my coffee, I buy the 18% stuff and just realized a 1-liter carton (which costs $3.50) has 2000 calories! Not that I'm counting. But I do want to get serious about my deadlift, bench and squat maximums, and a definite caloric surplus is my friend here.

I don't know about you guys, but I have no qualms about drinking a glass or two of cream if I am thirsty. Usually sans glass
    It's delicious, and not that filling for the 500 calories per cup. Does anyone out there do the same? Does anyone have thoughts one way or the other on the matter? I find it awesome that most people could meet their daily energy needs with a few glasses of this stuff; plus it's palatable, way better than eating butter by the spoon - which would definitely compete for an easy way to boost energy intake.

Basically what I'm saying is for the price, convenience, nutrition, ease of digestion, 18% cream is a great way to ensure a caloric surplus for athletes or active people looking to gain weight.

About me: Lean, 160 lbs/ 73 kg, mid twenties, current deadlift 325 lb max (with poor form), looking to achieve 400+ with good form.

The bulk of my groceries are made up of frozen brussels sprouts, cucumbers, onions, grapefruits, steaks, shrimp, sardines, yams, and potatoes. And eggs. I generally consume 1 gram or protein per pound of bodyweight per day

Appreciate your comments, what is everyone else doing now for recreation now that the weather sucks?
    Last edited by goneprimal; 11-11-2012 at 03:44 PM.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    for strength!

for glory!
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Miscellangela is offline Senior Member
    I do the same, only with 40% cream. Training for powerlifting makes it really hard to take in enough calories , especially because my appetite is rather small. I can't drink a whole glass of it at a time though, or I wouldn't want to eat for the rest of the day. I just take a big mouthfull of it several times per day.