Thread: Tips for eating primal with a traveling career. page

LMarsh is offline Junior Member

Tips for eating primal with a traveling career.

Primal Fuel
    I have been Primal for over a year now and have never felt better. I am trying to help a friend get into the lifestyle, but due to her constant travel, it is going to be a difficult endeavor. She has limited access to a refrigerator. No access to a stove/oven, and flies often, so obviously she doesnt have a good knife set or food processor handy. I have instructed her to invest in a nice, mulicompartment meal carrier like many bodybuilders utilize, but the problem comes when trying to help her fill it. Help!

Rip @ MIPWID is online now Senior Member
    Would it be an option for her to get bagged salads and rotisserie chickens from places where she goes?

That's what I do when I travel, a lot.

A satsuma or two and a small bag of macadamias for sustained stretches when I won't have access to shops, and I'm all good.
    Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

Yea, I've definitely stressed the Big Ass Salad. Loading it up with all the macronutrients (protein from meat, fat from avocado and EVOO, carbs from the veggies and tossing in some berries. I just want to give her variety.

Rip @ MIPWID is online now Senior Member
    Any delis that do stuff like crap-free slaws and decent cold cuts?
    Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

I have lunch meats, salads, protein shakes, Larabars or Kind bars, trail mixes, boiled eggs, beef jerky, cut up veggies, smoked salmon, Greek yogurt with berries and stevia, cheese cubes, celery with almond butter, anything that can be purchased at the grocery and tossed in the punchbag with some cool packs. Any suggestions appreciated

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    When I travel by myself I've started training myself to "see" grocery stores as a restaurant. It takes a shift in thinking to go from - I'm thinking Arby's - to - I'm thinking HyVee - but it works! Granted, there aren't grocery stores in most airports.

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    Where does she travel? Can she have the hotels create what she needs when she travels?

To be honest, when I travel, grocery stores usually have really great salad bars, and decent deli counters, there's also the possibility of sushi and/or chinese and/or a good steak house on a regular basis.

I love a good steak house.

Comma is offline Senior Member
    nuts, seeds, fruit and cheese for flights, supermarkets for veggies and chicken and avocados and all the rest. I guess the trick is actually more to invest the energy into planning and packing stuff.