Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coffee Creamer page 2

Mandabrett is offline Junior Member
    I fix my coffee with 1 T butter and 1 T coconut oil in 16 oz coffee with a little Splenda or stevia. Well I try to do stevia. I don't like it much, but I am using it for a week in hopes that I will aquire a taste for it. I also use a keurig to make my coffee. I used to use random flavored k-cups but lately I have been using the inserts and dunkin donuts gingerbread coffee in the reusable filter. I can not tolerate black coffee but I love many flavored varieties. You might sample a few flavored varieties to see it that makes a different.

haydenwest is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for all the responses everyone!
    I tried it with just heavy cream and Truvia yesterday morning, and it was definitely hard to get used to. The cream doesn't seem to cut the bitterness of the coffee as much as creamer, but I'm assuming that it's because it's not nearly as sweet. I tried again this morning, but this time I added a small splash of vanilla Torani Sugar Free coffee syrup (totally forgot I had it!), and it was a lot more doable. Definitely something I can get used to.

simpstr is offline Senior Member
    I tried my espresso this morning with coconut milk and two packs of sugar.....it was very strong.
    Health is Wealth!

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    Mmm... get some good quality coffee. Do you have Trader Joe's near you? I love their organic Bolivian Blend. A little cream in it and I'm good to go.

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    I was really, really, really surprised to see the ingredients list on Coffee Mate's new "Natural Bliss" creamers. I was at a regular grocery store trying to find heavy cream and looked at it out of curiosity--it's 4 ingredients are nonfat milk, heavy cream, sugar, and natural flavor. 5g sugar per tbsp. (some of that may be lactose)

Personally, I use heavy cream and a few flavored stevia drops. I try to get pastured cream when I can get a hold of it, but it's not easily found around here.

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    Non-organic skim milk? Ewww. RBGH.

Plus "natural flavor" is code for a million questionable things, like MSG..

http://www.kisswebpage.com/msg/

pklopp is offline Senior Member
    To the extent possible, heavy cream, but be advised that means 35% milk fat, and you can easily add a few hundred calories to your daily intake doing that. This may not be an issue for you, just be advised.

There is a recipe floating about on the threads here about coconut oil / milk "creamer" which is fairly decent, if you cannot tolerate the cream, although, again, be mindful of the caloric load.

-PK
    My blog : cogitoergoedo.com

Interested in Intermittent Fasting? This might help: part 1, part 2, part 3.

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    Don't get me wrong--I certainly didn't buy it, though I would venture that it's certainly a step above regular Coffee-Mate. I was surprised that the ingredients were so simple, considering what's in regular Coffee-Mate. INGREDIENTS: WATER, CORN SYRUP SOLIDS, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN AND/OR COTTONSEED OIL, AND LESS THAN 2% OF SODIUM CASEINATE (A MILK DERIVATIVE)**, DIPOTASSIUM PHOSPHATE, MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES, SODIUM ALUMINOSILICATE, ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, CARRAGEENAN.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
    Non-organic skim milk? Ewww. RBGH.

Plus "natural flavor" is code for a million questionable things, like MSG..

The Toxicity of MSG, Monosodium-Glutamate or Natural Flavors!

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    I am surprised, but hubby and I have totally changed over to having coconut cream in our coffee now. At first it seemed weird but that is our preference now I buy the Thai Kitchen brand, it separates into liquid and thick cream, I throw away half of the liquid and blend the rest. Makes a lovely mixtures for coffee and putting on fruit etc.

simpstr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That is what I was thinking about the caloric intake so I've decided to cut it and just just a wee bit of the coconut milk or just not have coffee. It's not going to kill me to skip a day here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by pklopp View Post
    To the extent possible, heavy cream, but be advised that means 35% milk fat, and you can easily add a few hundred calories to your daily intake doing that. This may not be an issue for you, just be advised.

There is a recipe floating about on the threads here about coconut oil / milk "creamer" which is fairly decent, if you cannot tolerate the cream, although, again, be mindful of the caloric load.

-PK
    Health is Wealth!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12