Thread: Tummy feel weird after coconut oil... page

KotikBegemotik is offline Senior Member

Tummy feel weird after coconut oil...

Shop Now
    Knowing that today I will be eating large quantities of food in the afternoon and evening, I decided to not eat for some time. But in order to take my vitamin D supplement, I had a cuppa tea and a tablespoon of coconut oil.

Now my stomach feels really weird and unsettled. Is this normal?

Also, what do you put on your coconut oil in order to be able to stomach a whole tablespoon?

Thank you!
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."-Winston Churchill

"Keep Calm and Carry On"-British Wartime Poster

"Don't Panic"
    -H2G2

boxcarguy07 is offline Senior Member
    Coconut oil is very anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal. If you're not used to taking coconut oil by itself, it definitely is normal that your tummy will feel weird because there is a likelihood that it's causing a die-off reaction.

It's usually recommended to start with small amounts of VCO and work your way up to a tbsp. at a time. It's not necessary but is useful to avoid the tummy feeling. I take tbsps of coconut oil at a time and feel fine. I've even done a cleanse a couple times where you eat 2 tbsp of VCO every two hours. Now THAT feels like hell.
    I never know what to put in these things. I write songs!

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Tea on an empty stomach often gives me that feeling.

I never eat coconut oil on its own. Only with food. Butter, on the other hand...
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Thank you, boxcarguy07!

I will try to slowly ramp up my dose as opposed to accidentally overdosing.

Sandra, I'm one of those people who is usually in a state of having too much blood in their caffeine system. I don't sweat, I percolate. When I cry, my tears taste like Darjeeling.
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."-Winston Churchill

"Don't Panic"
    -H2G2

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    I make little chocolates. use how ever much you want. 1 part coconut oil, 1 part unsweetened cocoa powder, stevia, honey, maple, sweetener to taste. Melt coconut oil in pan, stir in cocoa powder, sweetener and any additions you want, like cinnamon, vanilla, nuts, etc. Pour into a candy mold or silicone muffin cups or even a plastic container, pop in the freezer. Store in freezer.

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes if I'm still somewhat hungry after a meal, I'll have a bit of coconut oil.
    It seems to curb my appetite a bit.
    If you ever have trouble with "regularity", try some coconut oil, but not too much.

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    For me, the coconut oil tastes good so I can just eat it off a spoon. And what makes my stomach feel weird is PILLS (of any kind, ibuprofen, fish oil, vitamins, whatever) on an empty stomach. So maybe it's your supplement not the oil thats the issue on an empty stomach?

Noctiluca, I can't believe I didn't think of that....that would make sense..

Kymma, I'm so going to do that now. I'll get my daily treat and my fat intake all in one delicious go. I've made paleo fudge before and it was incredible. I imagine the chocolates will be similar.

"Don't Panic"
    -H2G2

simpstr is offline Senior Member
    I've made my own chocolate bars also. My son thinks I'm awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    I make little chocolates. use how ever much you want. 1 part coconut oil, 1 part unsweetened cocoa powder, stevia, honey, maple, sweetener to taste. Melt coconut oil in pan, stir in cocoa powder, sweetener and any additions you want, like cinnamon, vanilla, nuts, etc. Pour into a candy mold or silicone muffin cups or even a plastic container, pop in the freezer. Store in freezer.
    Health is Wealth!

simpstr is offline Senior Member
    I cook with it for most meals but I've noticed that when I cook my eggs with it, shortly after I'm in the bathroom, which isn't a problem really - what goes in, must come out!! hahahaha.....I also use it for my hair and sometimes my skin.

Quote Originally Posted by counterpuncher View Post
    Sometimes if I'm still somewhat hungry after a meal, I'll have a bit of coconut oil.
    It seems to curb my appetite a bit.
    If you ever have trouble with "regularity", try some coconut oil, but not too much.
    Health is Wealth!