Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ripped Eating Bread And Pasta page

streety100 is offline Junior Member

Ripped Eating Bread And Pasta

Primal Fuel
    Hi all

I was wondering something. I completely appreciate the health benefits of eliminating bread, pasta etc and how it can help you lose weight. But I was wondering if people thought it was possible to get a six pack whilst eating pasta, bread and other carbs? Is it impossible to do this due to the spike in insulin? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Yes it's definitely possible. There are lots of non-primal folk who are very lean and muscular.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

BeatlesFan is offline Member
    Caloric deficit = weight loss = six pack. Some people can pull it off eating grains. For me, and many others on this site, eating primal is a great tool that allows them to maintain a caloric deficit. There is simply no way I can do it eating the SAD.

Thanks for your responses guys I've been eating primal most of the time but then end up having a snickers bar or a burger in a bun and ships at T.G.I Fridays and end up chastising myself! Then again I seem to put on more muscle when eating carbs like that.

Al I'm a big fan of yours buddy! Love the Raising The Bar book got it on my Kindle!

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeatlesFan View Post
    Caloric deficit = weight loss = six pack.
    Some people that loses weight discover that there is no muscularity that can be called "six pack" when they are leaning out. First you must have some basic muscularity to show.

Another factor is loss of lean body mass when getting leaner that may "eat up" your abs. This happens if not getting sufficient quality protein on a diet...

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by streety100 View Post
    Hi all

I was wondering something. I completely appreciate the health benefits of eliminating bread, pasta etc and how it can help you lose weight. But I was wondering if people thought it was possible to get a six pack whilst eating pasta, bread and other carbs? Is it impossible to do this due to the spike in insulin? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
    Absolutely. I live with one of those 6-pack gluten men.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member

Al I'm a big fan of yours buddy! Love the Raising The Bar book got it on my Kindle!
    Thanks! The DVD is coming out next week!
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for your responses guys I've been eating primal most of the time but then end up having a snickers bar or a burger in a bun and ships at T.G.I Fridays and end up chastising myself! Then again I seem to put on more muscle when eating carbs like that.
    Do you eat primal carbs such as sweet potato, potato, fruits? Some people do better with body composition eating carbs and some don't. Everybody is different. I do better with carbs added in and not eating VLC or even low carb. But even on a higher carb day I'm still considered low carb compared to SAD.

I just wanted to make the point that you can still eat primal and have carbs, you just have to understand their time and place

Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    Do you eat primal carbs such as sweet potato, potato, fruits? Some people do better with body composition eating carbs and some don't. Everybody is different. I do better with carbs added in and not eating VLC or even low carb. But even on a higher carb day I'm still considered low carb compared to SAD.

I just wanted to make the point that you can still eat primal and have carbs, you just have to understand their time and place
    I'll be getting the DVD Al!

Brookesam thank you for your response. I do eat sweet potato and fruits but I thought normal potato was not part of eating primal? I've been reading up on the site and see white rice is acceptable (if I've read it correctly) which is great news as I do love my white rice. If I can have white rice and potatoes it's pretty much bread and pasta that's off the menu (and obviously the processed junk!)

MeatSleepRepeat is offline Senior Member
    From my own personal experience, I get much better muscle definition without grains. Grains get me all bloated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast