Thread: Moving like a caveman, page

korimovement is offline Junior Member

Moving like a caveman,

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This is what I love doing, after several years of training movement, I think I'm getting close to moving like grog would've. How much of your average training would you say is just pure unrefined movement?

Last edited by korimovement; 11-10-2012 at 05:57 PM.

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    Nice video! I really enjoyed it!

Quote Originally Posted by korimovement View Post
    How much of your average training would you say is just pure unrefined movement?
    I take Krav Maga (Martial art) with lots of sparring. Unrefined? Not completely, but not always pretty.

Asmodeuskraemer is offline Senior Member
    I really like the video and would love to be able to do stuff like that. I don't trust my body enough to move that efficiently but once in a while I'm able to and I love it. I wouldn't even know where to go to get started.

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    While I'm really impressed with your ability, I'd say that for most of us many of those moves would violate the old Primal Law "avoid stupid mistakes"... running, jumping, climbing, yeah, but one slip while running on that fence and it's hospital time...or, if there's no cameraman, it's crawl for an hour back to help...
    But those are great skills. Nice video too.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Nah, one slip on the fence and it's bruised gonads time at worst, quite possible to save yourself from overbalancing and slip/trips are rare IME when you are actually paying attention.

Anyway, awsome film, though with the removal of clothing theam I was expecting nakid time for swiming in the sea
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Sambo712 is offline Senior Member
    This was somehow incredibly relaxing, great video, you really do have the whole 'nature thing' down. I consider this inspiring, but I live in a less than hospitable land, and it makes me wish I had more green to run around in. Where was this shot?

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    One thing that amazes me is how SINEWEY you are. Your tendons and other supportive structures are visible, large and flexible. I firmly believe that strong, flexible healthy ligaments and tendons are vital if you want to avoid (or at least lessen the likelihood of) tears, rips, dislocated joints...etc Clearly the exercise you do is working your body properly. I'd love to have more of a sinewey look.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeuskraemer View Post
    I really like the video and would love to be able to do stuff like that. I don't trust my body enough to move that efficiently but once in a while I'm able to and I love it. I wouldn't even know where to go to get started.
    The biggest misconception about this type of movement is that it's unattainable or only for the really fit and young. It's just like any practised skill, the more you do it, the better you get. The movement in the video is the result of years and years of concentrated practise,everyone starts as a total beginner. The best way to start is to just go out with a friend and try things, or find some local parkour guys, or hell that are even people (like me), who help teach this kind of stuff for a living. This kind of movement is for everyone.

Also, thanks for the kind words everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo712 View Post
    This was somehow incredibly relaxing, great video, you really do have the whole 'nature thing' down. I consider this inspiring, but I live in a less than hospitable land, and it makes me wish I had more green to run around in. Where was this shot?
    Auckland, New Zealand, around Bethels Beach, and the central city.

Neely is offline Member
    I loved this video it was so hypnotic. Great stuff.