Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should we bring back the practice of dueling? page 3

Quarry is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    can't we cut out the competition and just publically ridicule the assholes?

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    that.... is terrible

no
    No it's not, it's a brillaint idea with no possible flaw at all and you know it.

If you don't stop disagreeing with me I shall challange you to a dual
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    can't we cut out the competition and just publically ridicule the assholes?
    Yes! Bring Back The STOCKS!

...Im also in favor of horsewhipping..... bet it would cut way down on repeat offenders
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    Yes! Bring Back The STOCKS!

...Im also in favor of horsewhipping..... bet it would cut way down on repeat offenders
    Public shaming: Woman ordered to wear 'idiot' sign
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Jareddame is offline Member
    I'm all for dueling however not with guns but with something that doesn't involve death as we shouldn't weaken ourselves. Also if someone challenges say a bigger individual to a dual for a "slight" done to their person and even if they lose they have fought with "honor" and it exposes inner strength. Also as a boy I grew up in a third world country and among those that only looked at strength (not always the physical) as one of the best qualities to have in a friend or ally. Also growing up in that environment your enemy today becomes your best friend tomorrow despite whether or not you win or lose the fight.

I know it would flush out the cravens among us for sure. Whoever posted gladiatorial contests I would be game as I might have a bit of an advantage. : )

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    I am all for dueling myself. No guns but everyone should be required to carry a proper knife. if you knew that being a jackhole would earn you a blade in the ass, folks would be a whole lot more respectful.

Sure there may be a period of breaking in and anyone who develops a rep as a duelist will loose the right to carry anything but a butter knife. I always am armed, always. In Canada thats a bit of a no-no but tough.

I am firmly convinced that there are too many people wasting my personal supply of oxygen and many people that need a proper spanking.

Public whippings for many crimes also I think is a good idea. Oh ya wanna drive drunk do ya? well then 15 lashes the first time. Ya wanna take what aint yers? well then 10 lashes first offence. Rape? ohh baby thats gonna cost ya. Murder? well now we have a problem, was it intentional or accidental?

Mayhaps it is a good thing I am not in any way in any kind of social power and mayhaps it is a shame I am not.

Ya cant raise a dog to bite then punish it when it bites as a grown dog. Raise em respectful, educate them properly from the get go and watch society bloom.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    If you have duels then people with the best shot will become the assholes.

I disagree with this because there is a huge risk for both parties in a duel; just because a person happens to be a quick draw doesn't guarantee that s/he will be the 'winner'. There is some degree of luck involved in a duel, and no matter how good someone is, there is always a chance that the other person is better.

Plus, there is also always the chance that the winner is injured (especially true if the duel involved swords or some type of blade).

Therefore, it's generally in a person's best interests to avoid a duel, regardless of skill level. Winning one duel doesn't guarantee winning the next.
    Last edited by BestBetter; 11-11-2012 at 03:00 PM.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Hence why being well behaved is encouraged. Dueling would never be a huge thing as it would be dangerous to everyone involved so folks learned to keep their yap shut. and a lot of the excitable ones get weeded out fast.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Yup, we need duels. They don't need to be to the death. A good ole fashion challenge to "take it outside" would suffice. As is there are legal repercussions to such activity even when both participants are willing. I think it would alleviate some general bottled up aggression and repressed anger win or lose for many people. Of course we are relying on old school (or fight club) rules that says "tapping" or going limp would end the bout. Either way a little violence is inherent to being human, so why try to deny it? Accept it and make it a part of the culture rather than continuing to suppress it.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    No it's not, it's a brillaint idea with no possible flaw at all and you know it.

If you don't stop disagreeing with me I shall challange you to a dual
    i shall choose.... CHECKERS!

and the last words you hear in this life shall be king me
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast